Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Says a lot.

I always found him deluded, deranged, and dangerous.

The parents of the kids murdered at Sandy Hook will agree. They have had to go through hell again and again due to his demented pronouncements including sharing their home addresses.

Good riddance.

Now only if Twitter had the same guts.

6 Likes

He’s a nutter, but i don’t know what hate speech he does. He may well have, I just don’t remember seeing any of that

I was about to post some articles on his Sandy Hook denials but sorry, I can’t bring myself to. You can google it. Not sure you want to read some of the stuff that pops up…

2 Likes

So folks, asking for a friend :slight_smile: Should I be worried that Mr. Murdoch’s Fox News is not even barely disguising it’s racism?

Ironically, Indigenous Americans wish they had such passionate representation them back in 1500s…

2 Likes

He’s not restricting himself to the US.
Just taking a slightly different tack here.

1 Like

The deliberate massive dishonesty is breathtaking.

Couple of days ago Bolt was screaming about too many Jews in oakleigh. Oakleigh ain’t exactly Somalia, on the quality of life front…

2 Likes

No different here. Bolt prattles on about us being colonised and disrespect for Australian values ( whatever they are). Indigenous Australians must be having a laugh about a Dutch immigrant spouting such rubbish

2 Likes

2 Likes

So is WIN only simulcasting news bulletins or the night time opinion programming freak show from Sky News?

LOL What a stupid ■■■■■■■ country.

3 Likes

He doxxed one family, who’ve had to move a few times due to heing harrassed. One woman was jailed for it.

He’s a piece of ■■■■.

5 Likes

Completely unfair. What would you have us rather do with the money that we will so amazingly spend on Space Force? Use it to provide healthcare? Look after our veterans?

2 Likes

I’m not naturally paranoid but with the tax cuts, the gutting of the EPA and, well, everything, I’m starting to get a feeling these ■■■■■ are building an ark and readying for interplanetary resource wars with the Chinese and Russians

1 Like

On the Alex Jones case, this is an interesting article exploring the US first amendment implications of the case. It talks about how the precedents are all over 50 years old, and how they were never designed for a world with social media and the internet. I found it reasonably interesting:

Win or Lose, the Alex Jones Lawsuit Will Help Redefine Free Speech

This will play to a specific audience, but I don’t mind his journalistic style.

I don’t watch anything of Moore’s since Bowling for Columbine. I watched it, enjoyed it, went and did some reading, and was pretty disgusted at what he’d done. I think our side has enough evidence on its side that you shouldn’t be doing shoddy journalism, virtually outright lies, to make a point.

2 Likes

I like most of his politics and I enjoy his documentaries, but he doesn’t really make his doco’s for anyone that doesn’t already agree

1 Like

Interesting, might have to have a read.

Is there anything specific that he did, save me some time…?

The ones I remember off the top of my head (and its been a looong time)

• The initial scene in the bank where he got the gun? All staged. They don’t normally give out guns like that, there are security precautions. They’d organised ahead of time to avoid those for filming. But then it was portrayed as normal.
  • Talked about the NRA holding their conference as if nothing had happened, and showed clips of them defiant. In reality, the NRA stripped the conference down to the bare legal necessities (as they’re a public organisation and it was also the AGM), including removing all the booths etc. in respect for what had happened, and the clips were from other previous conferences.
  • Interviewed Heston who was suffering dementia.

I’m pretty sure there were more.

1 Like