Manchester Terrorist Attack

Nah, they are substantially more Muslim than me.

5 Likes

They do follow Islam so no, they are not the same as me.

Now whether you believe they are just a crazy bunch of people who use Islam to justify their evil hearts, then we might have a decent discussion. But to say they are not Islamic is stupid because they are.

1 Like

By my definition a religious person is one who regularly practices their faith - A number of these ISIS terrorists/thugs are ’ Johnny come Latelies ’ who have a tenuous link to Islam.

1 Like

What the?

My suspicion is that most of them were born into it, like I was born into being Catholic. I just dumped mine when I became disenchanted, they chose a different path.

The last vestige of my upbringing is barracking for Celtic over everybody else in Scotland and for Ireland over England in any sporting event. That’s it!

1 Like

Which part makes you confused ? My definition of a religious person ? Or tenuous links to Islam ? Anyway you can continue to believe media propaganda that all terrorists with any form of tenuous link to ISIS or similar are hard core Muslims…

Yo[quote=“Alan_Noonan_10, post:318, topic:10529, full:true”]

My suspicion is that most of them were born into it, like I was born into being Catholic. I just dumped mine when I became disenchanted, they chose a different path.

The last vestige of my upbringing is barracking for Celtic over everybody else in Scotland and for Ireland over England in any sporting event. That’s it!
[/quote]

Your last paragraph is so true.

You really are astoundingly arrogant in your viewpoints. Heaven forbid that the rest of lower forms has an opinion outside of the media propaganda that differs from yours.

Strangest thing is a couple have expressed the similar thoughts as myself in this thread - Play the argument.

How could the USA possibly manage their finances without selling arms and being involved in a war somewhere in the world? Where ever there is fighting going on, there is usually a US presence in one way or another.

1 Like

and Russian, and French, and British…it’s not limited to one country, they all like to play a part.

Yes that is true but; the US, sees themselves as global world police and that gives them an entitlement to intervene.

Not disagreeing with you.

The French are bastards if you know what they get up to.

Tell me more not familiar with what you are alluding to.

Our new submarine buddies have quite the reputation.

So when is a terrorist attack not a terrorist attack?

At first glance, this appears to be some vigilante white guy getting his revenge on Muslims.

Still terrorist, but from a different quarter.

Appears that way.

They have a long and proud tradition of naval victories, Auckland springs to mind.
Also of betraying their customers.

Multiple stabbing attacks reported in uk, another coordinated attack?

Edit: maybe a brawl?

A number of people have been stabbed in Birmingham city centre and police have declared a “major incident”.

West Midlands Police said they were called to reports of a stabbing at around 00:30 BST on Sunday, with other stabbings reported shortly afterwards.

Police said there were “a number of injured people” but they could not say how many or how seriously.

West Midlands Mayor Andy Street said the incidents in the Hurst Street area “look to be related”.

However he said the motivation was still unknown. A police briefing is expected this morning.

A “major incident” describes any situation involving serious harm or a security risk to the public.

It also means special arrangements are in place for all of the emergency services to work together.

‘Shell-shocked’

Witness Cara Curran, a club promoter working in the Arcadian Centre, said it had been busier during the evening than it had been at any time since the start of lockdown.

She said she had finished her shift at about 00:30 BST and was drinking with colleagues when she heard a “loud bang and quite a lot of commotion”.

She added: "I found multiple people having fist fights… people from inside pubs and clubs came out and started to see what was going on.

"There were females, males, old people, young people, such a mix of people, it didn’t seem real at the time.

"Working on the club scene for over two years, I’ve always seen quite a lot of fights but it was nothing like tonight. The body language and demeanour was quite different.

"The amount of things that I’ve heard have happened tonight in the space of three hours, with the stabbings that have happened, the car crashes and multiple other things it’s such a huge shock to me.

“For me to be an eyewitness to something that has happened it’s been quite an emotional night to the point where I’m actually still a bit shell-shocked.”

‘Series of incidents’

Mayor Andy Street said he had been briefed by the chief constable and could confirm there had been a “series of incidents in the Hurst Street area”.

He added: “The motivation is not yet understood. The area is calm and the public has been told to go about their business but remain vigilant.”

West Midlands Police said: “We are aware of a number of injured people, but at the moment we are not in a position to say how many or how serious.”

It said emergency services were working together at the scene, and making sure that those who were injured received medical care.

The statement continued: "Work is still going on to establish what has happened, and could take some time before we are in a position to confirm anything.

"At this early stage it would not be appropriate to speculate on the causes of the incident.

“The emergency services have well-rehearsed plans for dealing with major incidents. Our response is ongoing in Birmingham city centre and will be for some time. Cordons are in place, and there are some road closures.”

The force later said there had not been any reports of gunshots, adding: “We’re aware of some comments that gunshots were fired, this has not been reported to us at this stage.”

The police cordon is near the area known as the Gay Village in the centre of Birmingham, the BBC’s Simon Jones said.

Many people had been seated at outdoor tables eating and drinking on Saturday evening.

The streets in the area had already been closed to traffic due to coronavirus restrictions.