March to the G

Still undefeated when we March to the G.
My 8 year old son and I flew in from Radelaide today to take part in history. Was priceless!!

10 Likes

Made it to the 7am shift.
Tired, butā€¦feels good, man. Feels good.

10 Likes

Wow, what a ripper day/night.
Great to meet many blitzers for the first time before the march. BSD, Hoffy (thanks for minding my bag), Wim, Deckham, Cyberbomber, Koala, DJR, Robin Close and Little Hirdy. Apologies to the others I have missed.
Hiring the horse carriage for the march was a great idea Wim. You nearly had him.
Will have to make the trip down more often.

9 Likes

feels better than good wim. It feels farking great!

3 Likes

Do we know how many attended the March?

Was it as big as the first one?

Was the atmosphere, good, better or betterer?

Trip down from Darwin was well worth it. Joined the march to the ā€˜Gā€™ā€¦ That was a bit of funā€¦ Then to see so many loyal Bombers supporters turn up for the game made me feel proud to stand with them.
Still cant find the words to describe how great the game was. Seeing the Jobe, Dyson, Hooker, Hurley, Stants, Colyer comeback was something special.

7 Likes

I too was on a 7am shift Wim. Buggered but nothing was gonna ruin last nights winning feeling!

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a great video put together by Corey. The grog squad features at the end.

8 Likes

Felt like the first one had a bit more build up with Sam Newman and others there. Put more of a spotlight on it.

This one looked just as big in terms of crowd numbers.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile:[quote=ā€œSerenity_Now, post:273, topic:3901, full:trueā€]
Felt like the first one had a bit more build up with Sam Newman and others there. Put more of a spotlight on it.

This one looked just as big in terms of crowd numbers.
[/quote]

1 Like

I would have thought there was significantly less people at this years march

2 Likes

Agreeā€¦ 5k less I think. Not sure wether the club are planning to make this an annual event for Rd1 home games, personally Iā€™d rather not.

6 Likes

I hope not. It would just get smaller and smaller every year until it was embarrassing. A superb thing when conceived, but it worked because it was a response to a unique situation. It has has hit itā€™s use by date.

4 Likes

So what youā€™re saying is, we need strippers?

2 Likes

Is there another option?

Iā€™ve heard worse ideas.

I think because of where the assembly point was a lot of people either wandered on in front of the cheer squad or didnā€™t quite make it from various meeting ā€˜spotsā€™ around fed square. I wasnā€™t at the first march but this one seemed pretty big to meā€¦ just a little disjointed.

1 Like

Definitely not as many people as last year.

For mine, the club in trying to make a show of it organised some pretty cringeworthy things. The 10 song versions, Nick Giannopolousā€™ ā€˜comedyā€™ bit, and dare I say it Kevin Sheedy and Terry Daniher chatting like they were at a pub rather than addressing the crowdā€¦people were just moving on rather than waiting to be part of it. Should have kept it simple as a gesture of the fans supporting the club we love.

6 Likes

ā€œthe highest attendance ever for an Essendon-Hawthorn home and away gameā€

Great job everyone.

1 Like