Marngrook Footy Show has been axed on SBS

Sex
Before
Soccer

4 Likes

I reckon it was slowly dying in the ars.e. Puzzled by Gilbert when he went mainstream because it clearly didnā€™t work.

In blackface.

Hutchy would be crass enough to think thatā€™s OK.

1 Like

*Cough SAM NEWMAN *cough

1 Like

Thats so funny. :joy::joy:
Marngrook was produced @ Burwood campus Deakin University. :+1:
It was a good program to have for the footy during a 730pm timeslot on a Wednesday.:beers:
However it was a poorly presented program. Most of the hosts and guests on the panel could not string two words together at the best of times.
But I will miss the show.

1 Like

You have to wonder exactly what is behind this decision to drop a successful production. Maybe some of the commentators were just a little too honest in some of their assessments and some sounded a bit punch drunk occasionally. It was at least entertaining.

I think this was probably one of the better footy show on t.v. and then Game Day. I wonder what has gone on behind the scenes for this decision to be enacted. I hope the show gets picked up by another channel.

Marngrookā€™s demise wonā€™t push this household to watch other footy shows.

3 Likes

Well that sucks. By far the best footy show going (granted the competition isnā€™t amazing).

Some of the time it was Gilbert who couldnā€™t string two words together or he was out somewhere in left field and had lost track of the conversation. Nevertheless, at times, he was very funny and on the mark.

SBS must need the $$$ to pay for the NBA games.

Someone explain to me how Gilbert got a gig when he canā€™t piece together a coherent sentence together for Channel 7?

4 Likes

You answered your own question, it is C7. Point out the ones who can string a sentence on there.

5 Likes

At least the others can say basic words, Iā€™ve never seen a man unable to talk get a gig where his job is talking. Heā€™s making Brett Kirk seem like a rocket scientist.

1 Like

lol yeah i agree, canā€™t stand him.

Iā€™d have Oleranshaw ahead of him on the basis that at least he knew what he was trying to say he just couldnā€™t spit out the words. Gilbert is just throwing words out there and hoping they make sense with no idea of what heā€™s talking about.

2 Likes

I Agree. Gilbert was shocking on MG. Really hard to listen to/watch. And the way he couldnā€™t sit still and continually span his pencil aroundā€¦ needed a producer to actually watch the show on the screen. Same on 7.

Also the article itself: ā€œā€¦which starred former star Gilbert McAdamā€¦ā€. Come on man, seriously, youā€™re getting paid to write.
ā€œā€¦ the showā€™s death sentenceā€¦ā€.
But then uses a (sic), for the incorrect use of ā€œthereā€ vs ā€œtheirā€ on a Facebook post.

Gilbert has personality and his passion for the game is evident, something sorely missing from the robotic flogs who constitute 98% commentators.

Heā€™s talking footy, not reading the SBS world news

4 Likes
3 Likes

Thereā€™s a million Aussies who are passionate for the game, doesnā€™t mean they are all commentators

Heā€™s an embarrassment. Every second person he talks to is ā€˜brotherā€™ and as CB said, he canā€™t string a sentence together. Heā€™s probably a good bloke no doubt, but how he got a gig for channel 7 is laughable

3 Likes

Like ā€˜say that againā€™ this one never gets old.

I reckon Gil knows what heā€™s talking about but heā€™s not very eloquent. It doesnā€™t make him a fool but you have to wonder about the people employing him. On the flip side thereā€™s Campbell Brown, a thug who happens to be a very good commentator with a knack for tactics and analysis.

2 Likes