Marriage is totally Gay

The ‘no’ ads are the only reason for having the poll. The poll is ridiculous. Parliament should just be voting to do the right thing and putting an end to the legal discrimination. If religions want to discriminate among their followers, then whatever; if you don’t want to be discriminated against, don’t be one of their followers.

5 Likes

Good to see/hear there still isn’t a coherent argument towards voting “no”. All I’ve heard so far is the free speech/democracy slant, which doesn’t explain why SSM shouldn’t be a thing.

never said it was, but you might expect a bit of resistance in a time when we are effectively under the rule of a government that is for most purposes strung up by its religious hard right. Especially when they claim to be fiscally responsible then force a 122 million dollar farce on the people which is not only apparently improper use of federal funds but not binding in any sense, and driven by the dictates of a single religion.

1 Like

If you listen carefully, they are voting no to not voting yes!

I agree

So then you agree with inequality.

Why vote at all then?

I think the problem lies in the fact that people are considering how to vote because almost every single person doesn’t understand why we need to have a poll on this issue when we have a parliament that are voted in to make these decisions.

I also think you will find that the question we are asked is going to influence what the vote is.

If the question is what I suspect or have “heard” then it becomes quite an interesting situation.

So the republic again. Did they ask Uncle Johnny to come in and word the question? Silly little private school boys still playing avaricious games. No consquences for them outside of losing office in a couple of years and going into pre feather nested corp roles. Just ■■■■■■■ govern, dishonourable ■■■■■.

Actually I just found that Lifehacker is claiming this will be the question

“Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?”

If so then that is pretty clear and makes it easier for everyone to say yes or no to. I would like that.

I had been hearing that the question might have been about whether we should allow the parliament to make the decision.

1 Like

If I don’t have to, I won’t.

Correct, I am a white heterosexual male.

1 Like

You don’t.

But bear in mind, silence is more likely to benefit the “no” campaign. If you abstain, or vote no because you don’t like being told to vote yes, you are supporting discrimination against gay people.

That’s cool if that’s your bag, but your high horse doesn’t exist.

Agreed. There’s going to be muddied waters everywhere.

What a cop out and the sort of behavior I expect from my 5 year old when I ask him to do something he doesn’t want to do - he does the opposite just to ■■■■ me.

How about pushing all that bullshit aside and casting you vote as a response to the question put to you.

2 Likes

I must say I feel very tempted to not vote at all if it actually ends up coming to it, as some sort of illogical pointless personal protest because I find the whole thing an insulting farce, … but that would be an illogical pointless thing to do.

5 Likes

Be angry at the process for sure.

Don’t be angry at the people that objected it the whole way.

And be on the positive side of history.

would you rather I vote no or not vote at all?

Some people will vote because self-interest is not the only motivator in their life.

1 Like

I don’t care what you vote that’s your business. I think it is a cop out to vote on something as a protest to people who are giving you the ■■■■■. If you vote can’t you look at the question put to you?