Marriage is totally Gay

I saw (and responded to) the post. I appreciate the concern, but i had nothing to do with the post being deleted, and I gave literally gave zero farks then, or now. If anything it was funny (not intentionally, obviously)

Lol. Thatā€™s not what you said and you know it, but like I said above, I really do not give one tenth of a sh/t

3 Likes

Yeah it is actually.

No itā€™s not. Many of us saw it, and the mods deleted it along with SMJā€™s response to it.

Maybe someone even took a screen shot of it??

I want to know what was said!

1 Like

Heā€™s one of the most divisive public figures in my time. Heā€™s used his position to take this country backwards and divide communities.

Maybe he should accept a little responsibility for triggering this idiot.

Or HTFU, like when that soldier was killed and Tony was kind enough to suggest ā€˜sometimes ā– ā– ā– ā–  happensā€™

2 Likes

I have taught some of the Safe Schools curriculum in high schools and it is a good program, despite seeing it derailed first hand by a president of a school council who was able to stop it on the basis he didnā€™t agree with it in terms of his conservative Christian beliefs. This was despite it being supported by this government schoolā€™s Principal, who was a lay pastor in the same church. He supported it because he knew that kids who were perceived as same sex attracted at this school were being violently persecuted by other students.

The fact is that amongst the various elements of the LGBTI community their rate of suicide attempts amongst young people 16 to 27 yo is 6 to 11 times the rest of the population.(http://lgbtihealth.org.au/statistics/)

My brother is gay and didnā€™t come out (even to himself) until he was 30. I asked him what he would have liked to have been taught about in school on the subject and his reflection was he would have just liked for it to be acknowledged that having same sex attracted feelings was something that happens and is okay. He had no idea what to do with his feelings and tried to be what he thought was normal until he was mature enough to understand and accept himself.

We are not that far down the track from gay sex being illegal and homosexuality officially classified as a mental illness. The purpose of the Safe Schools Program is to make people aware of the harm to peopleā€™s mental health that negative remarks as simple as using ā€œgayā€ as a pejorative term can cause, and to let people know that most people are supportive and accepting of their LGBTI peers. The minority of people who are unaccepting make a noise out of all proportion to their numbers, and also if you are insecure and not accepting of yourself you will listen to the negative messages more than the positive and this is where the mental health and suicidal ideation issues kick in.

The recognition of SS marriage equality is an important societal acknowledgement and celebration of peopleā€™s love for each other and allows people to feel a part of society where they have equal value. I know as a younger person I questioned the appropriateness of SSA couples bringing up children, and in the context of a hostile community it is harder on both the parents and the kids, but that is not their fault.

My actual experience of living in a community and knowing same sex couples who are bringing up kids for the past 20 years is that they are equally as good at this than anyone else. In fact I am glad that my kids have grown up sharing a classroom, visiting as friends, and having been cared for by these gay and lesbian couples, who they love and respect. This means they wonā€™t suffer as my brother did if they are same sex attracted, because they know that gay and lesbian people can live a life and have a lifestyle that is as worthy as anyone else. Unfortunately not everyone has this experience and the Safe Schools Program is an effort to help young people to accept themselves as they are, not telling them who they should be.

30 Likes

I deleted the Werewolf post.

It wasnt heinous but im not a fan of derisive or snide suggestions about family members of Blitz posters.

Nothing more to it.

2 Likes

Excellent post there SCarey.

4 Likes

I support Safe Schools in secondary schools.

Im pretty wary of it being part of Primary School though.

Neither have the slightest thing to do with SSM.

5 Likes

Insulted, edited/deleted(whatever), joked and then lied.

Donā€™t take anything I say to you as a compliment. Your ā€œcontributionsā€ arenā€™t worthy of them and you donā€™t even have the guts to admit your actions.

Youā€™re not much chop.

4 Likes

I agree neither SHOULD have anything to do with each other but the fact is they do.

Safe school activists are heavily involved with the SSM cause. And vice versa.

I find the whole ā€˜Safe Schoolsā€™ premise slightly paedophelic to be honest. Kids donā€™t need to be sexualised at such a young age. It smells wrong to me.

1 Like

Creating a safe and inclusive school community for diverse students is paedophelic?

The Catholic Church has an actual history of paedophic behaviour in schools.

13 Likes

Just admit that you donā€™t like gays having the same rights as straights and donā€™t want schools involved in helping gay teenagers.

I mean, lol, paedophilia. The same go-to argument used against homosexuality for generations. Transparent af.

6 Likes

Total rubbish. Again, youā€™re obsessed with who supports them, not with either issue.

As for the paedo reference, beyond words.

Exposing kids too early to Sexual themes, i agree with you. Which is why i dont think it has a place in primary schools.

5 Likes

Just got an unsolicited text from marriage equality. I can make up my own mind without being spammed to my phone. Other people upset on their Facebook page about this organisation getting our private phone numbers.

4 Likes

Ditto.

Thanks mate, appreciate the post.

1 Like

Got one as well. Did what most people should do, deleted it and moved on. No point being upset, doesnā€™t achieve anything.

9 Likes

You once again have demonstrated that you are a complete farking idiot.

2 Likes