Marriage is totally Gay

Has he given a reason?
Family bereavement, perhaps?
He can’t have just been a no-show, surely?

I don’t know why I’m still being surprised by just how low this guy is, but I am.

3 Likes

He abstained, walking out before the vote was taken.

Couples who have already married overseas will have their relationships recognised in Australia from midnight tonight, and the first same-sex weddings will be able to happen a month from tomorrow.

2 Likes

Koala has cancelled January holidays.

4 Likes

So so happy. Just spent four days in Tasmanian wilderness with not much reception, and find an email from the Attorney General dept waiting for me with the news. Such an amazing thing for so many people :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Koala might need to miss a few footy games, unless can organise halftime event at the Dome.

I love weddings!

3 Likes

Thailand yes. Not sure it’s a thing anywhere else.

…slowly. Very, very slowly.

His sister’s heart died a little bit more.

What a soulless, spineless creature.

I’m sure I heard on the news that even Abbott voted yes??

Nope.
I think six abstained.
Abbott, Morrison and Joyce were among them.

1 Like

Abstained. Even though he said he would respect the vote. His electorate voted 75% in favour I think. My contempt for him seems bottomless.

2 Likes

India has groups of T&I which are seemingly not disciminated against in law and which are accepted in large parts of society as the way they were born.
In some other societies the law turns a blind eye to Lady Boys, but Malaysia is restrictive.

and the drips that live in that electorate will vote him back in again for some inexplicable reason.

Blue ribbon Liberal, not much choice if he is the Lib candidate

2 Likes

As a left leaning person, I find myself forgiving Turnbull for a lot.
But his triumphalism over the marriage equality bill…it absolutely sickens me.
And it’s something that will stay with me a lot longer than more important failures that should probably bother me more.

5 Likes

I condemn Shorten for exactly the same thing.

1 Like

I understand that.
A bit.
Nah, not really.

Do you ever read anything of Labor policy and what Bill Shorten says.

Obviously not.

1 Like