Marvel Stadium Upgrade

Marvel has apparently had a major makeover inside. Very little by way of updates have been provided.

Has anyone seen inside Marvel Stadium recently? Are the renovations looking impressive? Any observations would be great!

@Stallion went to Harry Styles heā€™ll know

12 Likes

Maybe they finally realised that nobody can see what is on the 40 odd tv screens that are above the stairs on the top deck

3 Likes

All I know is from someone who was there in last week, that itā€™s ā€œlooking like a construction siteā€.

Ah okā€¦ Hopefully they get a wriggle on. And letā€™s hope itā€™s not held up by delays due to suppliers and issues with contractors.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the fluff:

Yes, thatā€™s 3 years old. Iā€™m interested to know how itā€™s come together. Originally it was a big deal this renovation. In more recent times thereā€™s been little talk or publicity about it anywhere. I just wonder if since the original sell, the plan has been condensed or aspects not proceeded with. Otherwise Iā€™m surprised we havenā€™t seen progress reports and news stories talking up the improvements as part of a wider campaign to get spectators back to the venue.

For some reason thereā€™s been no sell job on this which at the start of a new season seems odd to me.

Why do you hate the SEXY new screen so much?

1 Like

Anyone else get the email last year (?) warning us they have to move your members seat? Thankfully (at this stage) mine is unaffected (level 2 wing/HFF)

Apparently those impacted are the 8-10 rows in front of the hospitality room out in front of S38 on Level 2. They were putting in some different seating as part of a new viewing activation I think.

1 Like

Thsts the only thing Iā€™ve seen / heard discussed. I think they were spending $250M. Youā€™d think there was other stuff to showcase.

Iā€™m more interested in what theyā€™ve done to brighten the joint up. Itā€™s very dark, grey and ā€˜concretelyā€™. I think they needed to replace seating and do a few things to improve the appearance inside the bowl too.

1 Like