Mason and Max - gridiron men

A good outcome if fletch jnr was a borderline AFL prospect. The club probably would have felt obliged to draft him.

Hope he makes it over there, All the best Mason

1 Like

Not even the sons of club legends want a bar our of club atm.

6 Likes

Do you blame them? I’m borderline chucking it in.

4 Likes

Following in the footsteps of Ariel.

1 Like

There were deadset posters in here who for the last few years were already counting him among our key defensive stocks when mounting certain arguments which always made me laugh :joy:

2 Likes

No, the club wouldn’t have felt obliged to.

1 Like

Do you mind me asking which sport? My son plays tennis.

Thanks X.

It was golf, which is really really hard. (as I’m guessing you know :slight_smile: )

I’d just carted this guys bags around in a Div 1 pennant match. His short game was exceptional, but his ball striking wasn’t in the same ballpark as some of the guys out there.

If he is ever on the gold coast he is welcome to look me up. I learnt the secret of professional golf at a PGA golf summit in 2000 after 30 years of being nearly good enough. I was too old at that a stage at 44 to reach the top level but at 63 I still flush it although I don’t play or practice much. My son is into tennis but finding an interest in golf now. I helped Aaron Baddeley win his 2nd Australian open at Kingston heath but then he went to the USA and never reached his potential as he went to Leadbeatter. The main speaker from the USA at that summit coached several major champions and he leaves other coaches for dead imho. I owe any playing ability I have and my coaching ability to him. Cheers thanks for the reply Doug PS sorry for the long rant.

12 Likes

Good rant. Sounds like I should get to the GC if you’ve got the answers :slight_smile:

Mark my words. The club will be looking at him in three years time when his body has matured. Category B rookie in the making.

3 Likes

Saving it for Max now. So, no.

Allan Hird Jr. and his son went ok

What can you do with a mid teens handicapper?

1 Like

If he makes it as NFL kicker won’t be coming back though.

Would be paid more than highest AFL players

Not so easy to break into NFL though, but as we all know the old man could flush a torp!

Watsons were satisfactory

4 Likes

Getting off-topic, but was Serge a cheat too?

Just terrible
shows where the club is at at the moment
club is cooked

1 Like