Match day - ANZAC Day 2023

In the Murdoch Melbourne Daily, they say half our list is under 23 yoa, and that makes us the 3rd youngest team in the AFL. Given that and where we are we should be embarking on a sustained period of success. A win today will help our boys believe, but we need to keep grounded.
Collingwood are where they are, because they managed to win many close games and its emphasised their self belief to fight games out to the end. If its up for grabs with 10 minutes to go, I hope we deflate that Collingwood self belief.

1 Like

RELAX
DON’T DO IT

1 Like

Shame on any of you who boo a champion today :rofl:

7 Likes

Cant remember the last time I was nervous before a game like today.

9 Likes

Howdy-ho Mr Salad

7p9N

3 Likes

Happy Birthday to Jake Stringer.

10 Likes

I’m worried that our ruck duo has been WAY overhyped in the lead up to this match.

There will be no sneaking forward and catching Collingwood off guard, they will have a plan for it.

4 Likes

We need to be switched on for the first quarter.

The amount of times we’ve been blown apart in the first quarter, and we’re chasing tail the rest of the match…… is far too often.

I’ll be happy if we’re with them at the first break.

1 Like

It’s been a while since we’ve been relevant on a big footy stage.

2 Likes

Just walked around the G. Looking sensational.

My return flight to Perth leaves tulla at 7.55pm and I don’t care if I miss it.

Dons by 7 goals.

20 Likes

Do It . gif

3 Likes

that’s all good I was only planning on booing filth players anyway

4 Likes

First time going back to the G to watch the game live after 2019’s infamous robbery.

After the 2 years of lockdowns I’m just grateful to experience the incredible day again.

If Merrett was playing I’d be more confident in the W though I still think we’re in with a fighting chance.

How glorious it would be to give it to these arrogant filth who’ve had the wood over us on this day for far too long!!

Ex Collingwood/Essendon. Player neighbour just walked past, calling out Go Bombers to me. Not sure if he meant it, but a good start. Enjoy your day everyone, and at the final siren…I hope. X

8 Likes

This is my biggest worry, although I have much more faith in the new coach knowing they will have a plan for it, great test for the club today.

It’s a big win to us if either of Phillips or Draper attract a Moore or Frampton.

I’ve said this earlier but the strength of our forward line is its evenness.
last year we’d really rely on Wright and Stringer to kick the guts of our score, so far in 2023 we’ve had 13 guys have multiple goal games so far.

Focus on one guy? Fine.

3 Likes

i’d be extremely worried about the cognitive capacity of an opposition coach who didn’t notice draper or phillips going into the f50

it’s one thing to have a plan to counter it, but it’s another for that plan to work

2 Likes

Tougher last year, in the few games Francis played.

1 Like

believed we were gonna win until that clown posted.

plenty if they do it right, basically a cross section of the breast with a bone to hold it by.

2 Likes