Match day - ANZAC Day 2023

Hot day, massive crowd, Pies with gastro / plague… us with our tails up.

Carn the Bombers!

20 Likes

WE’RE GONNA ■■■■■■ WIN

7 Likes

I’ll be there, really looking forward to it. Some deep fried chicken ribs with lemongrass and chilli and a couple of Vietnamese beers in Footscray before the game then on to the train to see a big win from the Bombers.

16 Likes

Games starts at 2:20am for me so I’ll sleep through it, have nightmares through the night of Ginnivan kicking 5 and Pendlebury winning the medal only to wake up to check the score bleary eyed at 7am to realise that the nightmare is a reality.

9 Likes

I’m gonna use a Ross Lyon-ism.

This game gives you an Audit every week, and we have a pretty big Audit upon us later today.

Regardless of their big man deficiencies, their ball movement remains intact, and i cant wait to see how we…
a. defend it, and
b. how we are able to react in game if we lose momentum

25 degrees, special occasion in front of 95k+, Top 4 clash, best stadium in the world.
How lucky are we, seriously ?

38 Likes

YARN | Please, God, let this be it. | American Pie (1999) | Video clips by quotes | 50cc1a4f | 紗

10 Likes

Working during the second half of the game (working at the NRL, come say hi) so I’ll be glued to my phone and if it’s close I’m taking a very very extended break in the bathroom to watch the last few minutes.

Please beat these flogs and have Redman bury that Supercoach stat padder Daicos to go along with Divvyvan.

2 Likes

I’m blessed with 8.10am start on a work holiday. First half in bed. Then coffee and second half on the couch.

2 Likes

I’ll be on a train to Siena with Mrs H sneaking a glance at the pinned score on my phone.

I am privately optimistic. Us by 3 pts.

Go Bombers!

6 Likes

6:20am start here in England, I have had my IT guy secure me a reliable stream to watch

8 Likes

Haven’t slept much, worried as we haven’t ■■■■ the bed yet this season. This will be a test…

Are Alwyn and Alwyn the first father-sons to play on Anzac Day?

Craig and Jake Kelly don’t really count.

Gavin and Tyler/Callum Brown

2 Likes

Hadn’t watched the Pies last game against the Saints but judging by the score (4 straight to 3:6 in the last when the scores were locked at 3 quarter time), the Pies (once farken again) were lucky to win by a goal.

My point is, hoping they’re less than convincing last quarter spills over into today and we smash ‘em.

Desperately want to win this one for all sorts of reasons, none more so than to frank what Scott is building.

Essendon demonstrated their intent for the year with the hugely impressive win over Melbourne. They really need this scalp. And, nothing is more satisfying than to prove the so-called experts wrong.

4 Likes

I did some baking and I tell you what, Richo, these could be the biggest ANZACS ever.

22 Likes

Just been at the Dawn Service and LOTS of red & black around. Stunning sunrise this morning too.

Omen?

26 Likes

Sounds like a perfect day. I’m doing wings on the Weber pre game and pork belly tacos to celebrate the win.

Go Dons.

Fark Carlton.

7 Likes

Def want more staying power than this bloke. Otherwise it’s over inside the first minute!

3 Likes

Macedon Dawn Service done.

Time for for breaky then Lunch with Mrs Scotty at the Charles Dickens Tavern then off to the G.

6 Likes

I’ve got a Bombers mate and his family coming down from Sydney to the highlands today
Have the outdoor pizza oven firing up by midday then the Bombers firing up by 3.20pm

Carn Bombers we owe these toothless ■■■■■■ a good solid beating

11 Likes