Match day thread, Essendon Football Club v Car*ton Football Club, 150th anniversary match

Big mistake to extend him after a few good results in the 87th year of his contract.

5 Likes

Please lads, find a way a way to win this one.

I know that we’re rebuilding and many fans are keen on another early draft pick this year, but our players also need some wins along the way to fuel the belief in each other if we’re to become a tough side to play against.

2 Likes

I prefer to describe it as “non delusional lid on talk”.

Make of this what you will.

I am optimistically hoping a few green shoots poke through. Something us long-suffering fans can look forward to for next year …

All the best to you @Stallion.

Go Bombers.

Farkcarlton.

3 Likes

Haha, I hoped to see this one.

1 Like

looking forward to the VFL more this week for Green Shoots

possible lineup
B: McDonagh Brand McBride
hb: Cutler Zerk-Thatcher Massimo
c: Hird Atley Lord
hf: Hird Stewart Eyre
f: Wanganeen Baldwin Menzie
R: Bryan Waterman Ham

4 Likes

Sponsored by Zimmer frames R us

2 Likes

16 AFL listed players. With Langford and Snelling to return.

Hopefully we see some VFL improvement with a few more senior guys getting some continuity in the second half of the year.

2 Likes

This will be the worst day of our clubs history.

1 Like

I doubt it

5 Likes

this is what i dread the most about tonight

an extremely monotonous war of attrition until carlton put on 5 straight in the last 10 minutes before 3/4 time, which will be roughly the final margin

no one will remember anything about it. five years from now some of the players won’t even be certain if they were there.

1 Like

Stringer and Martin can do something brilliant.
Maybe Tex if he’s the sub.
Hindy can light it up with his pace.

not much outside of these guys though.

That’s a stretch. Hind has been terrible this season and Stringer is coming off a long term layoff with a hammy. Tex does SFA. Maybe Martin can do something nice tho.

1 Like

Plus Voss not far away too.

Don’t forget Sammy the baby giraffe, lumbering through the mids with the pill

Roosting it safely towards the boundary 25 out and into the arms of a lone FC defender.

2 Likes

this game and the west coast game wins please, dont care about the rest

4 Likes

But but, losing those 2 games is what will really put pressure on the club board…

3/4 time: Childish bickering between Ess long contract super stars, something to do with loose man in defence (you choose which one).

15m mark: mini Ess comeback to within 3 goals.

20m mark: FC double 50 m penalty; Saad kicks sealer.

Time on: Stringer hammy; Lily of Laguna starts.

FT: X marks no spot that can be seen.

Sheeds on radio; “realistically we’re about 40 games away…”

2 Likes

5 Likes

How often have we gone into the game as favourites, and they have turned it on and beaten us. Tonight it’s our turn!

5 Likes