Match Day Thread- Essendon v.s GWS

All ill say is.

For ■■■■ sake , it is not a fuxking free kick anytime a gws player is touched.

Absolute ■■■■■■■ cheating at its finest.

1 Like

If they don’t wear red and black it is always a free kick, even when it is not.

1 Like

I thought we played a really good half of footy. Hard at it, lots of pressure. All I ask for

6 Likes

Half Time

At least we didn’t concede a red time goal then

1 Like

Bring on the third quarter🙃

Don’t worry - you aint seen nothing yet. I tipped this game to be won by GWS in the last 15 minutes of the game, after we lead at 3QT …singularly off the back of multiple umpiring decisions in their forward 50. Watch this thread go into total meltdown in an hours time.

1 Like

Belly’s donuts

1 Like

Have this sinking feeling in my gut that we are going to roll over after HT and Giant will run over the top of us

Pressure dropped off and they got their clearance work together. They started to win it cleanly from the contest and their handball cleared the traffic which is what it’s supposed to do, unlike what we try to do with 1m handballs to players under the pump. ZMerrett cost us a goal with that turnover to Shaw in the middle, an old fashioned 12 point swing. Still, if you’d told me we’d have the lead and be in the game at half time interstate I’d take it every time.

Tippa 1 disposal. Needs to do better than that, but been same old story all year

1 Like

Good half of footy from us. One of the positives for me is that we still are yet to get meaningful contributions from:

Walla - 1 kick
Stewart - 4 disposals, 1 mark
McKernan - 7 disposals, no marks

Other than that very little cause for complaint other than we probably should be another goal ahead. Been very impressed with the young guys in the midfield. Langford and Guelfi shown plenty, Laverde also getting involved nicely. If we can just get a bit more from those forwards, especially as we did break down across half-forward in the 2nd, then we can go on with the job.

1 Like

Tell us something you never think.

That was all about unsure ball handling in the dew.

GWS surer ball handling that qtr.

For fark sake can we have a mid at the back of packs.Ever?

Dunno,a couple warning signs,players going missing etc…

Gotta kick 1st goal of 3rd for belief. And theres that 3rd qtr thing.

1 Like

I’m keen to see Lav still get chances, but buggered if I see a potential mid. Very much a straight line runner, doesn’t instinctively scan what’s around him. Wouldn’t mind seeing him off half back actually, he goes hard at everything that’s near him.

Guelfi still in everything.

1 Like

Cue tippa looks restrictive in his movement and is clearly injured

Guelfi is a solid contributor. Very handy pick up at this stage.

2 Likes

We’re losing pretty much every stat except hit-outs, clearances, tackles, and scoring accuracy.

Meltdown would be hellirous in here if I’m correct

Another lazy performance from Tippa. 1 kick? I watched him no make leads and not bother putting his hands up on the mark. GET FCKN INVOLVED

2 Likes