MATCH REVIEW: Dons > Pies

6 Likes

I think so, you know what? margin is not so important at this stage of the season. Our percentage is reasonable for our ladder position.What was important about today is the way we played. I was looking for defence, obviously our fast game is all important, I was looking for lockdown at the end of each quarter particularly. I think we did that OK kinda. To that extent I though out little late fast break near half time was almost reckless and I cursred them for it even tho we got a goal out of it. I wanted them to prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt that we CAN LOCK DOWN .
I think in the last minute of the game we exaggerated the lock down thing when we should have fast breaked the the farrk all over them.
But all in all anyway I say par and redemption was achieved they did what was needed. Meh it was collingwood., but we clawed back some cred today , our fast break game is still very very exciting and the best IMO

1 Like

Not up yet.
PM coming.

1 Like

It’s the 1:1’s to Tippa on the wing that do my head in. Tippa falls over in the marking contest every-time and they take the ball and run.

Oh ■■■■ off win you decrepit old sod

1 Like

Aways good to beat the pies. But Gees they are poor. Dead set the worst upside of any team in the comp. Big test next week against the Saints who are a good side. I don’t think we are anywhere near our best atm.

Positives
I thought Bags was huge, and of course Kelly outstanding. Best game of the year for Zacha, he did the hard things, that should be his standard from now on. Hurley the best attacking CHB is the comp by a zillion miles. But not the best shut down one, he gets out marked at times not always his fault but it needs to be said. The amount of hurt he creates for the op going the other way makes up for it ten fold though.

Contested ball was very good against a good midfield (thats all they have). I have said it before but Myers is very important, he is smart with his body in the contests and allows others to win the ball. I understand his not getting a lot of it (30 today though) and when he does it has been questionable. But he is a whole lot better the Langford.

Heppel was very good and didn’t seem to fade in and out of the game as he has been most games.

Stewart and Fanta, fantastic. We have got one for nothing with Stewart, he isn’t the best contested mark. But he gets to the right spots, is mobile and a tough matchup.

Hooksy is out of form at the moment, but he is playing a tough role.
Green, has a lot of skill and talent, but I can see why Brisbane let him go. He doesn’t do the team things. Turns his back on goal when there is a better option. Unrealistic marking attempts that give away free kicks. Needs to get these things out of his game. On the edge of dropping him for big boi.

McG was very good today, he was on Elliot for parts of the game and Elliot got away from him a few times (smart footballer). He will learn from that. He did however hurt the pies the pies the other way. That run through traffic and kick to Zerret was outstanding. The sky is the limit here folks.

Parish is a farking fantastic footballer.

Walla is a bit out of form. Not a terrible game, and still working very hard, are teams putting more time into him?

12 Likes

Pretty happy with the performance. Don’t see Leuey coming back for a while, doesn’t do enough around the ground. Even though Hooksy had a poor game, Belly still kicked 2 (should’ve had 3) and Stewart kicked 2 so it evens itself out. I’m sure Green is doing his job but the minimal impact he has on the game is frustrating. Jobe and Colyer’s skills both seemed cleaner and I love how Daniher can miss 2 that he should’ve kicked yet still get 3. Also good to see Fantasia and Parish get back into form.

spewing we didn’t proper maul their sorry arses. glad to see us play angry as well though.

parish in the guts erryy day please woosh.

Nothing to get excited about but we did what we had to do.

Collingwood are utter garbage.

10 Likes

Agree Tippa is just off at the moment, I watched a fair bit of him today and I think he is not moving enough in the fwd 50. He seems to be getting involved in more body on body or flying for a speccy when he is most dangerous on a lead or running out the back.

He also is not running as many players down lately.

Some of his up the ground play was still good but overall just not the momentum creater he was in the first 10 weeks.

4 Likes

Nice tune up.

Saints, North and dogs are our next block of three.

I’d expect to be good enough to win a final we would need to go 3/3. can’t wait for them. Think there will be a lot passion in all of them.

4 Likes

YEP!

He might be sore. He plays a high impact game. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s feeling the pinch.

1 Like

I liked the part where joey was counting on his fingers how many goals raz had kicked to maynard…priceless!

14 Likes

Eat a ■■■■ ■■■■■!

1 Like

Quoted to view blocked words.

5 Likes

I return to the GS = We win.