Match Review - FARK Carlton

What’s the Blitz consensus on the Rambrose hip and shoulder on Weitering? Personally I felt he didn’t leave the ground and his arm was tucked in so should be safe but no doubt the incident will be heavily scrutinised

Watching Peter fkn Lazer in a Carlton polo presenting for them all day on the big screen really rubbed salt in the wound.

11 Likes

Well he should have hit them anyway, i have hocking in my outs, looked off the pace today.

If memory serves there was no high contact from Ambrose at all. Weitering spun round & clashed heads with Hurley.

7 Likes

Hocking was woeful for mine, didn’t look like he belonged at all

1 Like

He safe, it was the head clash with hurley that did the damage.

1 Like

Just as a matter of interest, does anybody in the entire universe think that the deliberate out of bounds rule is a good one?

Apart from the fuckwits known as the Rules Committee, that is.

2 Likes

Excellent news. I did see Hurls go down too but wasn’t sure what it was for. Happy days

Any rule that gives the umpires an excuse of interpretation is crap. They have to go either last player touched it. Or relax it and let players spoil or kick to the line. Personally i prefer the old days of the safety of the boundary line.

5 Likes

The rule, or the way it’s umpired?

He put the top of his shoulder into Weitering’s armpit and sent him flying ragdoll style.

It was incredibly awesome… shame Hurley got in the way of the dead body.

8 Likes

Fark Carlton are still a pack of ■■■■■.

Parish and Kelly were good.

Drop Langford.

Move on to next game.

2 Likes

If Ambrose gets suspended for that hit the game is dead. Did not hit him high and was perfectly legal. It was just unlucky that hurley was behind amd there was a head clash.

1 Like

Gerard Healy

It depends on what role Langford was meant to be playing. If you think he’s a big bodied mid then yes, his size should have allowed him to hold ground over the ball better. Jobe for example is able to use his size well in the wet as did Goddard & Cripps for them. Tight in close contested footy should suit a bigger bodied player who can get 1st hands on the footy. I don’t think Langford is that type of player so I wasn’t expecting him to be in the packs winning clearances. I think he’s a 3rd tall who on a day like today should have been closer to goal where his size & agility could have been valuable.

Hurley hasn’t been great since he come back. Looks a bit rusty and likely missing Carlisle and Hooker to back him up.

No. I think it has taken an excellent tactic out of the game and replaced it with a raffle.

■■■■ can we go back to a ■■■■ forward line so that our defence is full of guns again.

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic perfectly legal bump. A joy to watch.

2 Likes

Most importantly - wtf was with that Carlton jumper? I have no idea which carl players played well or not cause I couldn’t read the fn numbers from the top of the Olympic stand. Morons

6 Likes