Match review thread vs SHITNEY Round 2 2024

Defence without Ridley, Redman and then lost Kelly late.

1 Like

couldve been worse
couldve been 31 pts

3 Likes

well said, i genuinely think we overperform given this list

2 Likes

30 points is getting blown away would have been 36 if Stringer didn’t kick a goal

1 Like

Our defensive style is absolutely horrible. In the past 2 weeks we have have allowed the opposition 28 and 36 scoring shots. What ever sort of defensive game plan or style they are trying to implement is the wrong one

It’s entirely on Scott and the other coaches

19 Likes

It’s possible we topped up to go backwards. Not intentionally, of course, but it’s a real possibility.

1 Like

Matched them for inside 50s
Had another great game in the stoppages
Jade Gresham

Silver linings I think we have a good shout against the saints

I hope we keep this mongrel in us, despite the suspensions we need this hard nut attitude

17 Likes

Sydney will cut most teams up like a hot knife through butter.

They are manic on the rebound.

4 Likes

An early nomination for the Rampe TrophyÂŽ to celebrate the most egregious maggot.

2 Likes

Bottom four.
Embrace it.
Can’t wait for another top draft pick that Dodo can piiss against the wall.

10 Likes

Nah, smug prick.

Hope he gets a week

1 Like

Because our mids never commit to defending. We missed a beat over looking Ross the boss

1 Like

Not a horrible result. But let’s be honest, we all knew we’d lose this game.

After 7 rounds we will be 1-6. Tough year ahead.

2 Likes

We really miss Ridley, huh?

1 Like

Played better than Melbourne or Kkkollingwood did against them.

Sadly we have 16 or 17 decent players and the game is 23v23, need to improve.

11 Likes

I like the mongrel, but the switching off and lack of positioning going the other way, poor disposal, and dropped marks just murders any good stuff.

6 Likes

Have to be trolling at this point

1 Like

We’ve conceded 214 points already this year. We just can’t for the life of us defend transition. Hawthorn had 28 scoring shots last week. It just doesn’t seem doable with this list. No matter how much we hear about the work being put into our defense. I just havn’t seen any real evidence of it. It hasn’t translated to on field at all to my eyes.

26 Likes

Just not fit enough. We could not keep up with them as the game went on. We haven’t been fit enough for years and years.

12 Likes

What i don’t like is we we up by 17 in the first and were chasing tail ever since