Match review thread vs SHITNEY Round 2 2024

Hawthorn cut us apart too…why are we the only side who is so defensively inept??? Is it personnel? Game style? Fitness??? I need answers.

6 Likes

Played better than Pies and Dees against them and with a number of key defensive positions out.

2 Likes

who cares about games when that grass is so well defended?

3 Likes

OK just walked in from movies. I see 30 points. Did we at least have a crack? injuries? reports?

Dodoro isn’t list manager, he handed over to…

Sorry, I tried to keep a straight face there but I couldn’t do it.

4 Likes

Ridley would have made a small difference but they hurt us on transition in the middle and the precision kicks inside 50 would have been impossible for any good defender to stop. Some one like Ridley would have been nullified in this game

4 Likes

Start of 2023:

1 Like

I didn’t think positive Nino would last longer than our first loss.

I thought a 40 point loss at half time.
Surprised we pegged it back a bit in the last quarter.

This team took Collingwood to the cleaners at the G. They are ready for the physical pressure and have far more gears than us. We’re a long way behind this level.

3 Likes

This. Plus having to play Laverde, Hep and Hind cost us 10 goals.

Too many players drift qtr to a qtr or at best week to week. Need to see consistency asap from the next gen.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Hawks sliced us up and they scored 37 points today.

We have major major issues.

It is worse than it has ever been

essendons motto should be I gradum ante tres gradus retro

1 Like

The hard decisions should be easy.

With one tackle Davey should be taking Menzies spot next week. But does Brad have the ticker.

2 Likes

We are trying hard but our style is still not it, we keep trying to play this aggressive attacking style and it kills us on the rebound.

On our terms its fun to watch and it looks electric, when a good team challenges us we concede scores.

Can’t fault the effort, I fault the game plan.

1 Like

But if we have Ridley and Redman in the game, and perhaps we don’t have Heppell - wouldn’t that be an improvement anyway?

Last time you said you were happy as long as we weren’t giving up 10 goal losses.
Make up your ■■■■■■■ mind.

5 Likes

No club with a list containing Hind, Lav etc is winning a final.

17 Likes

Been doing it all night!

1 Like

Mistakes when we got tired cost us. We turn over the ball with such ease and they capitalised every time. Was closer than the 30 point loss suggests but still…

All of his assistants needs to go

What happened to the scoreboard not mattering?

2 Likes