Match Review vs Freo

Too many passengers.

2 Likes

Did pretty well, but really ran out of gas in heat.
Unlike the Dockers our structures broke down completely in last 1&1/2 quarters.
They are very well coached.

1 Like

No matter how much you expect it and know that it’s coming, WA umpiring drives me ■■■■■■■ crazy. Was it 5 or 6 soft frees in front of goal? I lost count.

• Heppell, Zerrett, Hurley and Goddard are great leaders to have at the club. Tried hard, got us going early and apart from a couple of errors, used it well.

• Dea is average and always will be. Next.

• Hartley was absolutely demolished but we lack any other options right now, unless we send Hooker back (which we won’t).

• Love Francis and I’m sure that he’ll be a player but clearly isn’t ready atm; one-handed marks galore.

• Zaka another nothing game. Not awful but mate, come on. Find something - we need you.

• Colyer works his butt off but misses crucial goals/kicks when the game is on the line. The gap between his best and his worst needs to close quickly. Love his endeavor, though.

• Play Myers on ball/wing or not at all. I forgot that Worsfold hasn’t coached him before and is yet to learn that he’s not a defender. Gave away how many silly free kicks? Keep him in but away from the backline.

• McKenna has really improved overhead. Isn’t AFL-ready yet, however. McGrath comes in for him next week.

• Glad to see Joey bounce back and kick three goals straight. A couple of poor mistakes but will be a star.

• I ■■■■■■■ hate playing over in WA.

11 Likes

I’m normally very positive about our side and our chances, but there are not too many sides worse than us this year.

We’ll get a top 5 pick again.

1 Like

We had 16 more disposals at half time. They end up 85 ahead by the end of the match, that’s a 101 possession turnaround in a half. They kick 6 goals to zilch in the last, what an embarrassment.

On the upsides, Zerrett as per usual every freakin’ game. Heppell was BOG in the first half along with Goddard. Other players had their moments. Overall another trainwreck with about 6-8 players that should be dropped.

Need a new thread,… “Pick the stupidest fkn comment after a loss”

Might fk up blitz’s servers though.

It’s a Gloomer’s paradise in here for the next 5 days …

17 Likes

The biggest positive for me is that everyone is ■■■■■■■■ about us being a ■■■■ side. Fullstop. Not ■■■■■■■■ about being a ■■■■ side due to the saga.
It’s good to be just footying again…even if we are currently doing it poorly.
So whinge on all you strangers on the interwebs, we’ll be cheering again time.

9 Likes

Ok leuey, we know you’re probably going to get beaten in the hit outs, but do you reckon we can get you to be competitive around the ground? What’s that, no you say…
Belly took more marks in the second half last week than Berger has all year.
And how many of our 12 frees were from oob, fix i don’t remember getting 12?

Why, are you a child? If you want to be positive, be positive.

1 Like

Hooker forward = Stubborn.

3 Likes

Should get a priority pick. Three years in the bottom 4 is a good a case as any.

6 Likes

At least next week we have The Royal… before Motlop.

3 Likes

God we are just so predictably ■■■■

I’m an optimistic person but this team has let me down now for 14 years.

We need to find players who consistently beat their man week in week out, not the Essington standard one in four

1 Like

Notice the common number here (or range of) - its about 6-8…players that is. This seems to be how “fluid” we are week in week out. I know in share trading there is a ‘Beta’ value - where 1 is average and a high number means the stock is more volatile. I’d love to know where we are across the league in terms of changes to the team each week. It would be a great stat for Champion Data to have…and we’d be leading it. Worsfold has to settle on a Best 25 very very soon.

for ■■■■ sake, what the ■■■■ happened?

Xcept McG

As opposed to being happy with mediocrity.
The club is a rabble ATM and dead certainties for a top 2 pick. Brisbane and us to fight for the spoon again

1 Like

Carry on carry on you were happy to hang a 20 year kid who contributed against a tough adelaide backline, and continually put up the same players. Look at North Car Haw Mel Stk, Port Ade etc the future is on the majority being 27 and younger this is the future if you allow it. Leave it to long and you stifle it

Well which one gets your vote or do we have to wait for more entries.

Anyway I’m well into the acceptance stage of grief - others still stuck in anger phase.

We have already travelled to Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth in the first 7 rounds. Players are exhausted.

Collingwood has been to Sydney once.

8 Likes