Match review vs racists, junkies, match fixers and maggots - 2020 round 5

An overlooked part of the win was our club’s ability to kick towards teammates.

Continuing this method of disposal, towards the goalposts defended by our opposition, resulted in my arising this morning with a hoarser voice than is customary.

1 Like

We 100% played the conditions better.

Charming fan base

At least he cops one pretty regularly!

Varcoe directly gave us 3 goals aswell. He is past it and shouldn’t be getting picked but there is no need for the racial abuse

1 Like

Maybe or maybe not, the reality is the Pies have started games well, then faded for long patches as the opposition stifle their control of the ball, and then surge in the last 1/4. It isn’t working for them.

What did work for us well was the second and third efforts and the tackling pressure, something we have struggled with. That had very little to do with the weather and everything to do with intent. I suspect Rutten and the other coaches addressed that during the week.

4 Likes

I was very surprised by her comments. I think she’s usually pretty good.

He’s 32 so pretty cooked.
but maybe they do t haveanyonebetter coming through.

Racist comment pretty bad given what Lumumba experienced.

Young Daicos looked ok, and apparently his brother is supposed to bea top junior.

Which time? And there were numerous head locks by Grundy on Phillips. He has become one of the protected.

3 Likes

very early in the 1st 1/4, he has done a few times since that one too

What that shows is the umpire was right there, in correct position, saw it and ignored it.

Cant stand her, she just rambles on and on about nothing…
Alot like Ling used to be not so much now…

Who racially abused him? That is not on.

The commentary was it’s usual drivel.
That’s not say it was without its highlights.
A personal favourite was the replay of Walla’s second goal.
“He read it like a …

• noticeable pause while the commentator tries to remember what it is that you read, other than the Form Guide & Tinder profiles -
    …children’s book”

Gold.

6 Likes

That was disgraceful. She actually said it was a “shame” Collingwood needed to lose the four points in order to learn a lesson.

You kidding? Ling rambles on and on and on, 3 goals can be kicked but he won’t stop until he has said what he was wanting to say.

1 Like

Yep and funnily enough he actually apologised for continually interrupting Bruce on Thursday night so he knows what he’s doing.

See, I must tune out when i hear him… he still goes on and on does he?

1 Like

Some redneck Collingwood supporter venting his anger. See a few posts back

1 Like

Truth