Match review vs racists, junkies, match fixers and maggots - 2020 round 5

Yep.For me, that’s the baseline for the next month.
If we’ve turned the corner, we’ll match it.
I’m not worried about the result, but if we play, tackle and pressure to that level, we might just end our finals losing streak.
Otherwise, it’ll be a replica of the last decade.
Hopefully the players have twigged.

4 Likes

Zaka danced with the train, too.
I guess he really, really, really wanted that mark.

2 Likes

It looked to me as though Varcoe, pulled out of the contest when "The package " took the mark (second qtr?) from Laverde’s “pass” forward.

1 Like

Do they barrack for North?

Well I guess they didn’t have Eddie sign it, so that’s something…

Countdown til herbatrons next vid.

Well said Mason

this is why i keep saying, we need to weed out the players who either don’t stick to the gameplan, or make too many unenforced errors moving away from it.

like you i believe it was a great game last night, to a point. it was like watching richmond pre this year, which is obviously the plan.

the problem is, in the current incarnation of the best 22, collingwood had 2 purple patches of roughly 12 minutes, and cos of that were in a position to win the game with 5 mins left.

We saw the absolute remarkably difference 1 player made in replacing an under performing senior/boys club member in belly.

Hurley and hooker had good games, so obviously get a reprieve for a bit.

Zaka and raz though, we gotta be finding players who can produce more than that.

So as when the said drop off in intensity, or the absolute crucification via the umpires come, and it will come in every game on both aspects, that hopefully the damage is limited.
and hopefully when we have the momentum, it can help with increasing the lead, so as teams aren’t able to kick 4 goals and be back in with a sniff.

Instead of being 27 points up, they could have easily been 35-40 points up, and collingwoods run on still gives them more wiggle room to help reverse the trend of last qtr.

1 Like

See Langford is my big worry, he was our only blip on qtrs 2 and 3 when he burnt multiple players on leads to slow the game down, he even then went to towner, who he just burnt on the previous lead, so he made him lead twice

Such a dumb footballer, massive kink in our armor atm. He’s a poor man’s Stewart

A number of former AFL players have slammed a final quarter free kick to young Magpie Callum Brown, after Bomber Will Snelling was penalised for a dangerous tackle.

• July 4, 2020 10:57am
  • by Fox Sports
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Callum Brown was awarded a free kick late in the game.Source: FOX SPORTS

With Collingwood aiming to ■■■■■■ back momentum from the Bombers, Brown was awarded a shot on goal after Snelling was pinged by the umpire for pinning an arm and leaving his head vulnerable to contact with the ground.

However, the decision put social media into overdrive, with Warren Tredrea and Campbell Brown among those to share their views on Twitter .

“Dangerous tackle. U (sic) have to be kidding me. Disgraceful decision,” Brown tweeted.

“Dangerous tackle my _ #perfecttackle,” Treadrea added.

Former St Kilda coach Grant Thomas was another to share his thoughts, with Collingwood ending up losing to Essendon, despite Brown nailing the shot on goal.

“Umpire has no right to make that call. Disgraceful decision. Pathetic potential game changer,” Thomas tweeted.

The AFL has since confirmed the free kick was an error made by the umpires.

“The AFL confirms the dangerous tackle free kick was unwarranted,” an AFL spokesperson said.

“In the umpire’s view, he thought one arm was pinned and the tackle was excessive which left the head in a vulnerable position.”

Another dubious free kick appeared late in the match when the game was on the line, with Magpies midfielder Adam Treloar appearing to throw the ball in the goalsquare.

2 Likes

HUH? I assumed you were joking the 1st time. He was solid against the dockers but barely got near it against the Swans & was very lucky to retain his spot after a very ordinary game against Carlton.

3 Likes

What i liked about it was after their ridiculous start we got ourselves back into the game with desperation, didn’t need to wait until QT. Then when they came at us again with the help, we didn’t panic and just bomb long to no one like we did last week.

5 Likes

Type of win that hopefully sets us on our way will be very disappointing if we go back to how we played against Carlton.

1 Like

It’s the sort of win we see once every 4 weeks in the past. Let’s see what happens the next couple of weeks

3 Likes

I loved this smile by hurls after the siren

9 Likes

It’s the type of win you have when you just lost to a terrible team, which we have not always done. And i agree that we need to back it up. Whether we win or not, it is about the intent, effort that actually counts.

3 Likes

Grundy got at least 3 unwarranted ruck frees. He also should have given away about 5 or 6 which weren’t called, including 2 blatant ones where Phillips was in front and he reached around and swung him out of the way, and nothing was called (2nd one in the left forward pocket going to left of screen, so prob Q2).
He regularly pushes the opposition ruckman under the ball and catches it. It is called in the back!!! and it’s supposed to be a free kick.

6 Likes

Hold the front page, this is news. AFaiL admit the chumps made an error. In other news hell has frozen over.

As for the dubious Treloar free kick? There was none paid, so that free kick was a non event. Poor expression.

Because every Essendon player pressured there Collingwood opponent everyone looked good . Even when Collingwood got it down to there forwards they were under pressure. The delivery to the Collingwood forwards were under pressure. I’m sure Hurls and Hooker appreciated the fact it wasn’t a training drill for Collingwood like it has been for the past few weeks. Team pressure made us look like a great team and individuals look great.

4 Likes

Ok BT got Sneiling & Ham mixed up for that play, but at least he doesn’t display an unconscious bias or even conscious bias for the Pies the way the other commentators especially Bruce “McVainie” shows.

I’m sick and tired of people saying how good the Pies are … fuckem.

The scoreboard flattered them, absolutely. We smashed them and played OUR brand.

I’m not fussed if Joe plays for the Bombers again. I don’t want anyone who doesn’t want to be there.

Premierships are about winning as a team, last night we played a complete game with only a few passengers.

Zahrarakis & Laverde were perhaps the only two guys I thought meh they are simply pretenders. But I don’t see much off the ball so even then be too harsh.

The midfield & defence and the pressure was brilliant. Phillips could easily be a top 5 ruckman. Easily.
Just play like this everyweek.

Out : Laverde
In: Stewart

Out: Zaharakis
In: Merrett

No way do I ever want to see Bellchambers play for us again. Phillips is our no 1 ruckman. Full stop.

Please heed this Woosha/ Truck - Phillips plays the high pressure game & he is perfect for our game plan.

We go backwards with the slow lumbering Bellchambers.

Please please please leave Phillips in the side.

5 Likes