Match Review. We win. Demons Lose

It probably doesn’t mean a whole lot for the overall season and that certainly wasn’t a great side we just beat. But it sure feels good. This one is good for the soul. Any little bit of positive energy and momentum must be held on to.

Goddard said last week was rock bottom… I think I said that too. It sure felt like it.

So maybe this is the first step back up. Maybe this is the genesis of the next competitive phase of our footy club.

And maybe this is the day Joe Daniher’s career trajectory changed forever, for the better.

Michael Hurley is the best player in our team. With all the discussion about 'nailing' our first round draft picks. Well....they nailed that one.

Yes. Not often I can say I’ve had a back man as my favourite player, but … I just feel good about our team whenever I see him approach a contest.

How many goals does JD now have this year?

Special mention to J.Gwilt
Played very very well today bursting through congestion a few times
Fought hard in the air and on the deck

Finally selections were forced that got some run into the side. Tank or not getting games into the younger guys will pay off over time.

Jd was immense and Edwards was exactly what he should be… A bit of spark a dozen touches and a goal or two. Need giles in the ruck, ambrose is not a solution.

Well just seeing the boys celebrate so hard was better than winning for me.

Also JD knows how to celebrate and I ■■■■■■■ love it… And by the way the team get around him… I’m not alone.

Can anyone who saw the game (I was on radio) give me some impressions of Laverde?

5.0 from big Joe D; 7.18 for them

Hahahaha!

■■■■■■ happy with that effort
Hurley was immense, towled up hogan

Daniher, wow, if he missed some of his shots we lose. Won us the game

“Good for the soul” well said, we all needed that one players, coaches and supporters.
Great to see Joey Dan dominating and kicking with confidence, Ashby, Gleeson, Edwards, Merrett/s really good.

For Those Who Love Their Stats

Goals

Essendon
Joe Danniher 5
Shawn Edwards 2
Brent Stanton, Ben Howlett, Dyson Heppell 1

Melbourne
Aaron Vandenberg, Dom Tyson, Jeff Garlett, Jesse Hogan, Neville Jetta, Jeremy Howe, Tom McDonald 1

Disposals

Essendon
Brent Stanton 30
Brendon Goddard 29
Michael Hurley 24
James Gwilt 23
Zachary Merrett 21

Melbourne
Bernie Vince 35
Tom McDonald 28
Nathan Jones 25
Max Gawn, Daniel Cross 19
Dom Tyson, Aaron Vandenberg 18

Hit Outs

Essendon (33)
Shawn McKernan 20
Dyson Heppell 5
Joe Danniher 4

Melbourne (71)
Max Gawn 58
Chris Dawes 8
Jack Watts 2

Tackles
Essendon 83
Melbourne 79

Clearances
Essendon 40
Melbourne 45

Victory froffie

http://1drv.ms/1L4Sz2g

Great effort, we were lucky they didn’t kick straight but then again, they say bad kicking is bad football for a reason.

Felt for Browne but I don’t have an issue with the tackle, was just one of those unfortunate things. Hopefully he pulls up well and is kept in next week.

Hurley is a BEAST who was beyond sensational. Surely he’s AA along with Rance.
Also thought Hooker competed well in the forward line and provided a real physical presence. As strange as it sounds I’d almost be inclined to keep him there when Carlisle is back.

Stanton had a cracking game with tons of gut running, Goddards disposal when going long was a huge weapon and the pressure from the Merrets and Heppell was so heartening to see.

Not a classic but it was refreshing to get 4 quarters of effort, which really should be the bare minimum to expect. Today Hurley and Hibbo were fantastic down back, Pig looked to have his 2013-14 aggression and also surety over head back, and constantly repelled attacks. Bags is almost failsafe these days and kept Garlett quiet, and Gwilt was effective as well across half-back. In the middle Heppell and Goddard were the standouts, both Merretts were prominent, Laverde didn’t look out of place, did a few nice things but also you can see that a few summers in the gym and he will be a beastly player.

My hat goes off to Joey. First half I though he was terrible, got run down a few times, lost his feet in contests, kept getting nudged under the ball, and then he flushed one and he was away. From that point he was the difference and you could see the Dees defence panic when the ball was delivered long to him. The 3rd was some of our best footy in a while and to also have Edwards finish a set shot and a classy one on the run from 50, he should be kept in and left to have a run of games and build for 2016. Well done boys, after the disgrace of last week it was a seminal moment for us, just so glad they responded the way they did today!

Gwilt makes me ■■■■ my pants whenever he gets near the ball but other than that great qin

Can anyone who saw the game (I was on radio) give me some impressions of Laverde?
Very quiet. Looked like he needed another pre-season of fitness in the tank.
Didn't look lost, didn't look intimidated, definitely has the body for it. If it wasn't for Browne getting concussed he would have been in the mix for the sub but it wouldn't have been the easy choice.
Ah what a difference a win makes.

Now I will:-

-Buy the Sunday paper.
-Watch the footy shows
-Make love with intent.

Baby Bombers!!!
-

As opposed to?

Felt good to see the boys playing with effort. Confidence was down but endeavour was finally back where it should be

Was the last time JD play a dominant game was when JC wasn’t in the side?