Match Review. We win. Demons Lose

Was the last time JD play a dominant game was when JC wasn't in the side?

No, against bris JD got 6 and JC got 3.But arguably still his best game was the final against north which JC didn’t play.

Thought Laverde almost held his own. Several times in traffic he dished off to a second or third (better) option rather than panicking. Solid in the air too. Carlton will really regret passing up on this kid.

Agree - looked classy in traffic, especially for one so young and inexperienced. Appeared unhurried in his decision making, which is a good sign. Dare I say he exhibited a touch of the Hepples at times? Very promising debut - well done young fella.

Amazing what happens when…

• we have a crack
  • pig clunks a few intercepts
  • JD nails his set shots

Other than the obvious standouts named above… would like to mention J.Merrett for one of his better games in a while, Gleeson too. Ashby was alright… O’brien started slow but worked his way into it, definitely his best game, 19 touches and 5 tackles. Obviously Edwards was a livewire, and Steinberg played a decent game against a bloke taller and much heavier. Debut from Laverde didn’t dominate but I will cut him some slack.

In summary, wasn’t a dominating performance but it was a win and we needed that. Some young kids showing promise.

Today we started our market stall in number 69, next week I am asking for 181

Absolute d*ckhead Dees fans behind me assumed they were gonna win. I was too excited at the end to turn around and give it to them.

Shaun Edwards was really good. Obviously the goals and the speccy and other obvious stuff, but also put his head over the ball and worked inside like a Trojan.

Smack superb all day. Lost the hitouts but works so hard around the ground.

Stants bog for mine, toss up with Mick Hurley. Loved the Merrett boys today, possibly the first time they’ve both performed on the one day. Jackson’s inside 50s were clever. Zach off his best but still among our better players. Heppell awesome. Bags too.

Unsung hero*… NOB. Tagged Jones in the 2nd half, and at least kept Jones out of their 5/6 most damaging players when they had their run on.

*In the sense that he was 1000000% better than he has been the last few weeks.

If Stants doesn’t play today we don’t win. Was massive all day, really stood up with BJ and made sure the team got dragged across the line. One of his best games imo.

Let the 8 week rebuild begin!!

Unsung hero*... NOB. Tagged Jones in the 2nd half, and at least kept Jones out of their 5/6 most damaging players when they had their run on.

Absolutely agree, got touches to back it up

Unsung hero*... NOB. Tagged Jones in the 2nd half, and at least kept Jones out of their 5/6 most damaging players when they had their run on.

As was said by WOB, his inside work to get the ball to someone free on the outside showed a fair bit of nous.

Finals here we come!

Good to see the boys smile and well done to the kids. Hirdy keep playing them…take Zaka out next week against North and bring in Kav and play him rest of the year.

So happy to be smiling again!

Thought Laverde almost held his own. Several times in traffic he dished off to a second or third (better) option rather than panicking. Solid in the air too. Carlton will really regret passing up on this kid.
carlton? well, fark them!

I was really happy to see Edwards get another crack. Need to keep playing him as he’s something we really lack.

Finals here we come!

Good to see the boys smile and well done to the kids. Hirdy keep playing them…take Zaka out next week against North and bring in Kav and play him rest of the year.

Kav hasn’t shown what we want him to show. If he couldn’t get a game in the midfield with jobe, cooney, hocking, myers, colyer, melk all out, it shows us that he doesn’t have it

and hold your thought on finals…

Other than the obvious standouts named above... would like to mention J.Merrett for one of his better games in a while, Gleeson too. Ashby was alright.. O'brien started slow but worked his way into it, definitely his best game, 19 touches and 5 tackles. Obviously Edwards was a livewire, and Steinberg played a decent game against a bloke taller and much heavier. Debut from Laverde didn't dominate but I will cut him some slack.

In summary, wasn’t a dominating performance but it was a win and we needed that. Some young kids showing promise.

Not a single disinterested bystander today.

Bags. What a jet. Thank God he got off this week!

Finals here we come!

Kav hasn’t shown what we want him to show. If he couldn’t get a game in the midfield with jobe, cooney, hocking, myers, colyer, melk all out, it shows us that he doesn’t have it

and hold your thought on finals…

I wasn’t serious about finals

But am on Kav, can’t do any less than what Zaka provides in a contest.

Nice hit up from the bloke a lot of people have been canning O’brien to Daniher for the sealer.