Match thread vs Bin Chickens (rd 16 2022)

The flag wasn’t enough?

IMO…
I’m not too worried about him.
He’ll be okay.
But the balance between defence first vs attack first in our defensive 6 needs to be better balanced.
We seem to have it okay today. It’s just a rather delicate balance. And having Heppell back there doesn’t help.

Be nice if we stop going along the boundary too

and Merrett and Parish.

Senior players need to stand up.

2 Likes

Screaming for a loose man across HB to chop off the feed.

1 Like

We aren’t doing too bad a job along the boundary. We ■■■■■■■ turn it over in the corridor.

If the score stays this way ill be happy

Yeah I think what we are seeing does make the Caleb Daniel comaprisons make sense. Not blisteringly quick (that said, quick enough) but his composure and dare with his kicking is a weapon.

I have been keeping one eye on your man Carmichael and he looks to be going ok in the VFL (he lead their disposals a couple of games back) but I think we have done very, very well with Mass. We sorely lacked creative ball users out of the back half.

2 Likes

half their goals were preventable, just low iq football plays by us

1. Reid on his own
  2. Warner Parish just watched him run off him for the shot
  3. Slow play kick into our b50 and Heppell has to fly with Reid
  4. Lav/Riddley playing 10 metres behind their men or 10 metres in front but never on them

We are still getting absolutely slaughtered by playings running off our HF and providing options, problem ongoing for 15+ years now

Also why do we still allow free players on our wings every ■■■■■■■ game when we have it in our forwardline

The system to beat efc is easy, when we kick it into our forward line and turn it over, just run one player to a wing, his efc opponent prefers to guard grass and he’ll get a free mark and kick into their f50 9 times out of 10

1 Like

As soon as we got back into the swans finally put 1 behind the ball slowed it down played chip to chip stopped our momentum

Let’s see what we do and how they set up

Langmuir won’t settle for what they served up

Essendon come onto the ground with The Pretender playing. This music guy is taking the ■■■■.

1 Like

1 Like

That would make for a pretty boring second half.

4 Likes

End of Q 1 commentators say the McCartin brothers will just mop up everything.
Q2 Mc Cartin brothers do not touch the ball.

Not watching, just checked score, closer than I expected. Much closer.

1 Like

Please start with intent this quarter.

Swans took their foot off the pedal because we were playing like headless chooks

They’ll win comfortably now they’ll put the foot back down

how much closer

Stringer = zero possessions

Rather that than the crap witneess in the first qrt it gives us a chance of a win with the scores close