Match Thread vs Bulldogs 2024

We’re ■■■■■■

9 Likes

Pretty scared.
If we get smashed I’m leaving at 3/4 time.
Try to get home early.

1 Like

16 Likes

We’ve had the classic ‘team cops hammering all week following horrific loss’ experience.

Tonight is definitely going to be an indicator, just not exactly sure of what though.

1 Like

We are gonna be loosing by that much, you’ll be able to watch the start of city slickers

3 Likes

The start will be sketchy as we work through the residue of last Friday.
There will be a brief performance spike (maybe?) in the second quarter.
The Dogs will steamroll us from around halfway through the 3rd.

Dons by 16 our midfield will dominate.

3 Likes

We’ll win

1 Like

While every game needs a plan… this one really really needs a plan.

2 Likes

Dogs by 78

We’ll kick the first goal in the first 20 seconds from a beast clearance.
And it’ll be downhill from there.

Get your genius predictions here.

The 4 certainties for Western Bulldogs versus Essendon

Back for another year, the SEN.com.au team gives you an insight into how every game will play out across the weekend.

Labelling something a ‘certainty’ in any sport is fraught with danger.

But we’ll attempt to find some anyway.

Here is what we consider certainties for the Round 5 Friday night clash between the Western Bulldogs and Essendon.

Western Bulldogs

Bontempelli & Liberatore to combine for 55+ disposals & 7+ clearances

Marcus Bontempelli and Tom Liberatore were at their absolute best against Geelong in Gather Round.

They combined for 70 disposals (35 each) and a remarkable 26 clearances thanks to Libba’s outrageous haul of 19.

In Bont’s last six outings against this Friday’s opponent Essendon, he has averaged 25.6 disposals and 6.3 clearances.

Libba has also been busy against the Bombers of late, averaging 31.6 touches and 8.6 clearances in his last three.

The Dons are highly unlikely to tag so we reckon the Dogs duo will get off the leash again and have a big night at Marvel, combining for at least 55 touches and seven clearances.

Weightman to kick 2+ goals

Cody Weightman has enjoyed playing the Bombers in the early stages of his career.

He has helped himself to 11 goals in four matches against the Dons which has included returns of 2, 4, 2 and 3.

So far in 2024 he has also kicked 11 in four with returns of 1, 6, 2 and 2.

With all that info at our disposal, we feel that Cody 19 will boot at least two majors on the big stage of Friday night footy.

Andrew Slevison

Essendon

Nic Martin 30+ disposals

The Western Bulldogs have had the wood over Essendon in recent times, easily accounting for the Dons in the last three head-to-head matches between the sides.

In those games, the Dogs have gotten the ball inside 50 far more than their opposition and if we expect that to happen again, Essendon’s defenders could be forced to have plenty of footy.

The main player down back that’s been racking it up this campaign in red and black has been Nic Martin who has passed 30 touches in all of his last three games.

If the footy lives in the Dogs’ forward half and Martin continues to get extra stats from kick-outs, 30 touches should be no problem for the 23-year-old.

Jade Gresham to kick at least one goal

The Bulldogs haven’t been great against small/medium forwards in 2024, letting the likes of Tyson Stengle, Kade Chandler and Nick Holman space inside 50, while even allowing Jamie Cripps to have six scoring shots against them.

While Essendon isn’t armed with a fleet or dangerous ground-level players, Jade Gresham has kicked seven goals from his first four games in red and black and will expect to hit the scoreboard again in this one.

He’s kicked three goals in a single game on two occasions so far this season and surely will finish at least one of his chances on Friday night.

Lachlan Geleit

My 4 certainties are

1. We loose the first quarter
  2. We loose the second quarter
  3. We loose the third quarter
  4. We loose the fourth quarter.

Enjoy the game everyone. Go Bombers!

3 Likes

I have less of an appetite for being reamed by the Dogs than I ever did.

When players started saying they were sick of being thumped, and the coach said we had an edge, I sort of had some expectation that at least we would have answers to teams that had worked us out. ( I guess that means 17 teams because its there for all to see)

So, I probably will switch it off like I did last Friday, if we perform badly, and I will not complain about it either.

1 Like

Lets see if I can last watching past the first 5 minutes.

Dogs by 100 points.

1 Like

FINISH US

homer-stressed

How I’ll be feeling half way through the 2nd quarter when Weightmann sinks his 4th to put them 8 goals up.

1 Like

I reckon we’re a chance tonight. Do not rate the bulldogs at all

2 Likes

haha very good

2 Likes

giphy

1 Like

Feel the thread title needs some colour, not sure any of these work though:

The Dogged Edge v Edgerton’s Dogs
Durham the difference between English and Scott
I’m a Calebrity get me out of here
Friday TV guide: Home Improvement or Apocalypse Now?

2 Likes

2 Likes