Match thread vs Collingwood R24 2023

First of all… LOL. We are not going to register 17 scoring shots.
Secondly… When can the post game thread be created? Quarter time???

1 Like

I’d be happy with AMT starting on the field and kicking the opening goal. The he immediately gets subbed off, and we go on to lose by a disturbing amount, prompting a massive clean out of the club.

1 Like

After we get belted someone will post about how hawthorn once beat us by 100+ 30 years ago- so everything will be ok

7 Likes

We don’t do that sort of thing round here

1 Like

Spot on.
Why would they bother pushing for a 15+ goal win ?

Push the margin beyond 6 goals, then hold it between 40-55 pts till the end.

Anyone wants to go (freebie), i have 2 tickets that won’t get used.
Q14 Row G

PM me…

Feels like it’ll a repeat of the last round last year. Pies will hold us at bay. Make a nice early sub on a good player and as the final siren goes the Essendon faithful will grone in relief that another mediocre season is done with.
I’m trying to get excited for tonight. But it just ain’t happening

1 Like

Such beautful weather, what could have been tonight if we were half decent.

Would of been fkbcarnage.

Instead we get a dead rubber with little chance of winning or being competitive.

7 Likes

It’s at The G though.

1 Like

Better than 5.11

1 Like

We’ve got this in the bag. ■■■■ the pies

3 Likes

In the MCC members tonight. Beer better be good

1 Like

We’ll be 7 goals to nil down entering time-on of the first quarter with Josh Daicos kicking a miraculous goal from the boundary, Jamie Elliott kicking a miraculous goal from outside the boundary in the other pocket and Sidebottom kicking at least three goals from the goalsquare in acres of space.

Walla will be subbed on at three quarter time when the game is already over, iron out Degoey with a perfectly executed hip and shoulder right down the middle as his final heroic act in the red and black.

After the fast start the Pies will put the cue in the rack and cruise to a lazy 8-11 goal win.

3 Likes

4 Likes

You win the thread today.

Rate this

Worse thing that can happen tonight is a good close contest. But I’m sure most won’t let that cloud their judgement for next year

Only thing worse than losing tonight…would be if this guy ended up our CEO

4 Likes

Usually, no matter what our situation is going into a game, I can’t help feeling that maybe this game will be the one where the team really clicks into gear earns a great and unexpected win.

But not this game. Our performances when it counts have been so abysmal, so lacking in spirit and intensity, that I know that tonight will be the final disgraceful performance in a season littered with far too many disgraceful performances. Whether we lose by 5 goals or 25 goals will depend entirely on how much Collingwood want to ■■■■ us over.

I’m not going. I’m going to a concert at Hamer Hall with a couple of friends. It should finish about 9.30, which should be not far into the third quarter. I may look at the score when I come out or I may not. That’s the level of my disillusion with this club.

1 Like

MrHeff said he hopes Tippa snags a couple of goals.

At least going you can cheer him off, he’s been the only positive thing for the club in decades.

2 Likes