Matchday Thread Essendon vs Richmond

Yup exactly.

1 Like

donuts…

We’re still an inconsistent team - some great wins that you think signify the club might have turned the corner always turn out to be a false dawn.

Haven’t watched a minute yet but I presume we still can’t play against a zone, at all

2 Likes

Win enough that the club remains convinced we aren’t far off… but in reality…

1 Like

Going to try one of these Big Macs I’ve been hearing about. Check in later.

2 Likes

Hope fkg West Coast win the flag. These carnts are Fkg smug farkers. Gave me and a few a send off after the game & bagged every player. They can get farked. Hope they have another 37 years of shiit-ness. And Melbourne can get farked too. Get the Fkg eagles up this year FFS

3 Likes

About 7 min per ciggie. That’s around 9 an hour

Good to see presidents club up and about and taking it well, all good with our membership dollars i suppose.

Correctamundo! Just like the Woods game only with competent opposition. V good call

What happened in the last? We hit the Bullring. Don’t normally do that but I need to maintain my sanity

Down their throat? Since when was over the boundary down their throat? There is the reason it’s called the percentage play.

Did you read any of my posts??? I said it would be s free against in the first post.

It was still the right (and simple) play.

No.

Jack

2 Likes

It’s not called that anymore. He kicks it hard enough to get it over the boundary it’s called deliberate (as it has been for the last 5 years)- he doesn’t and exactly what I described happens. Not sure what I’m missing here?

Apologies if I missed that part, is hard to keep up on fame day, as I’m sure you’ll appreciate. Still totally disagree that that was the right play but each to their own.

We’ll see.

Hurley had already looked for options and (correctly) evaluated there were no Essendon players presenting, or even 50/50s. He then had two options. Turn back into the forwards or kick it out of bounds.

The first means a blind turn which likely at best means giving it to another back under pressure, or at worse coming under pressure himself. Which is what happened.

The second option means giving Richmond the ball (unless the umpire makes a blunder and calls a throw in). But none of the a Richmond players were near the boundary. So you gain time, and their free kick (possession) is 90m from goal as far on the MCG wing you can get. And they’ll be kicking to a flooded defence with time to set up.

Option B down the line was the percentage play. The defensive play.

I’d have to watchit again to be sure but the hall has come in southern stand side so the numbers are there. I m not convinced he had weighed up his options nor am I convinced there were no 50/50 options on that side of the ground. Kicks like a mule on his left, turns to see if he can get it out to a contest that could be halved for a restart but gets caught. I back that he was trying to do the right thi f by the team. Not to mention he is probably under I structionnot to give the ball back in those scenarios but to hold on to it.