Maybe we should talk - review thread

“We aren’t playing the football we want to play”.
“We will learn a lot from this game”.

6 Likes

@Killer_Mike
Like to apologise if my continual criticism of Goddard offended you - you’re right that I target him more than anyone else. Heppell and Hurley also cop it from me - I expect a higher standard from these players and i dont think they’re delivering.

2 Likes

The F word would be the most common in this thread.

boggles the mind. love the gold star squad at our club.

1 Like

Replace the word “talk” with “tank” in the title and I’ll talk.

2 Likes

What’s the draft like this year?

1 Like

This is our comeback story

9 Likes

Sometimes it’s not about winning - I had a good time in 2016. Sometimes it’s more important that you give your members something to be proud of.

Demonstrate AFL standard skills, work your backsides off, injure an opposition player in a tackle, punch an opposition player in the head - any of that will do. Jesus, give us something.

This club has given it’s members nothing this year.

37 Likes

Throw the kitchen sink at one big body and one elite mid

1 Like

Hurley’s kicking and decision making was awful today and continually got lead to the ball. He needs to go back to focusing on defence first and winning contested ball. Quit wth the running around the back for cheap ball, quit with leaving your man the whole time, just get back to basics.

Getting back to basics is probably good advice for everyone

18 Likes

Very good

It doesn’t matter who is out there. We could pick any of the best players from all the clubs and they wouldn’t be able to execute this game plan.

Think about this. We need to have overlapping run when there is a turnover to actually have the players free enough to execute this type of play. If we get the ball any other way be it from a kick in, throw in, centre clearance we just can’t do it. The other teams have got this game plan covered. I don’t think it’s got anything to do with the players, it’s a game plan that relies on the other team doing the wrong thing. Worst still if we do get the overlap but then stuff up then the opposition team has free players everywhere too.

The tweak from last year to this year is stupid. It’s arrogance at it’s best thinking it’ll work.

I’m not mad at the players. The game plan and coaches overseeing this is awful.

This is maddening.

20 Likes

Starts with selection. Then Coaches. Then Skills. Then Gameplan. Then Board and result is that we need to burn it all down and start again.

We are a rabble, a joke of a club. We are so far off the pace we can’t even begin to think we are near finals success.

Right now get in a new coach, new game plan and spend the next ten weeks evaluating every single player on the list. If they aren’t going to be part of the next flag and aren’t a pure A grade talent then they are on the block. Start recruiting for needs and develop a game plan that is based on 2018 not 1990.

5 Likes

Does it matter? We’ll pick the wrong player regardless.

3 Likes

Laverde made a solid return.

Feel sorry for Smith and Stringer for coming to Essendon.

Joe Daniher is a total liability is every aspect

Parish wouldn’t get a game at a top side.

3 Likes

I feel bad
I used to absolutely bag players like Stanton, Hocking, Howlett etc.
However, right now i would want them in our team rather than the guys we have at the moment
They run hard and tackle

5 Likes

We do sound like Richmond supporters in 2016.

2 Likes

We will draft a half back flanker who could become a ‘gun’ midfielder

11 Likes

i don’t want a ‘you’re not tanking but disrepute’

$2m fine

At least The Captain stood up today, and delivered a “Captain Like” performance.

Nah, just tricken. He’s a ■■■■■■■ spud.

1 Like