Maybe we should talk - review thread

Were getting worse each week.

We have close to full list, a mature list and its early in the season. Were going backwards wtf is going on.

5 Likes

He used to love his footy
heā€™d grin (not allowed) have fun (not allowed)

heā€™s down on confidence like the rest of the team
and
now that Hooker has gone back - heā€™s getting a better defender.

1 Like

Parish reminds me of Kerr at the eagles. A star in the shadows of elite but when the elite is gone
he is easily exposed

1 Like

We gave our best. The players are just adapting to a new game plan.

2 Likes

Or weā€™ll screw their development or become injury prone.

Spot Bang On. Unfortuantely show on this board donā€™t understand modern tactics and canā€™t see clearly what is in front of their faces. Not only is the game plan outdated, it can be coached against very easily and IT IS HARD to implement. Like physically taxing on players and their skill level. Requires a team to literally have an elite level of skill across the board and near perfect execution. We are NEVER going to win consistently using it.

Our coach and his assistants, are flogs of the highest order.

8 Likes

But donā€™t you think this is a symptom of a club that has lost complete confidence?
The question is what has happened to erode that confidence?
I know we were missing McKenna and Fantasia today but I would have thought the Essendon 2018 was pretty quick. In fact throughout this season we have looked very slow.
I just think that there is something going on with the playing group. Maybe it doesnā€™t like the game plan, I donā€™t know but people have dropped their bundles.

2 Likes

I think you are extremely optimistic.

14 Likes

Waste of time. We are miles off it. Time to go to the draft and do it properly. 5-6 year rebuild required

10 Likes

Goddard gets mauled by 3 opposition players. Heā€™s pinned to the ground & jumper punched repeatedly.

No one goes to help.

Pathetic. Pea heart. Soft f*cking team mates.

Thatā€™s a team that represents our jumper. F*ck that. Thatā€™s not my club.

46 Likes

I have never actually cared less about a game of football involving essendon.

2 Likes

Useless Ruckman
Slow soft lazy skilless mids
Crap captain
Crap game plan
Dumb coach

What the hell were they working on in preseason. Instagram selfies ?

2 Likes

No one went to Parish either in the last.

3 Likes

We were already a weak and spineless football team. And instead of changing that, we have allowed the Saga to also give us a victim complex. Itā€™s a terrible mix.

11 Likes

If you watched that game Beyond Blueā€™s number is 1300 224 636.

9 Likes

Well there are some positives to take from the game.

Imagine how bad Adelaide and Port supporters must feel knowing this rabble defeated their teams.

7 Likes

We only have one of our first three picks. No third, and our second is switched with GWS.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a load of crap - havent seen anyone at the club still cite the saga but its another story with people here.

2 Likes

with ambrose back, hartley and hurley should make up rhe back big 3.

starved of Gleeson as I think he would take Saadā€™s spotā€¦i am not a fan.

Hooker forward please John.

We donā€™t even have to fake tanking.

1 Like