Maybe we should talk - review thread

When Carlton beat us in two weeks from now this place is going to have a meltdown that will make the saga look like a picnic

18 Likes

I imagine it is often windy out at Tulla. Is this right! I’m looking for a reason our kicking skills are so poor. It also helps if players are presenting into good positions. This does not appear to be happening. Fitness? Effort? Coaching? Don’t know. Gary Lyon pointed out that trying to score from half-back is not the way to go. Modern teams apply forward pressure to score- is that a good starting point? At a loss.

1 Like

Maybe that is what needs to happen for change to occur.

1 Like

I would have thought the meltdown started with the loss against the Doggies.

2 Likes

Nah saad is one of the only positives in the last three weeks in my view.

8 Likes

People thought Carlisle was a sook… Hurley is on another level.

Would honestly look at trading him

Watching Rich vs Coll is like watching a different sport.

3 Likes

Starting to wonder if we would’ve been better off letting the saga boys walk and starting the rebuild there. Reality is we did what was right by those players but it does make you wonder if we missed an opportunity there.
There’s a stain among this group that isn’t going away. Hard to change a culture of losing when that’s all your “leaders” have ever known.

8 Likes

If Tippa and Jackson Merrett are in the team next week, then its a farce.
If Fanta back next week, he comes in with Dylan Clarke on sheer wight of form.

The only positive I can find from that game is that the dog got washed. I try not to be too negative but it’s getting hard now. We have the chance in the next two weeks to get a couple of wins, we MUST take it.

A very disappointing display, again. It’s really hard to believe our level of play has fallen away so dramatically since last year.

2 Likes

Also for all the love that Dodoro gets he hasn’t exactly put together a decent list in 15 years. Fark him off too

13 Likes

Agreed Hurley’s body language is bad but I would be ■■■■■■ off at the goal kicking efforts of our ‘forwards’. Maybe he agrees with Goddard - just shows it differently

Oh its abso-■■■■■■■-lutely time to remove him from anything to do with how we select midfielders.

You’re wrong. You’re so so wrong

3 Likes

Is it the list or the coaches. I think the list is alright. Our performances for mine are on the coaches.

6 Likes

Fair enough - convince me.

3 Likes

I tend to agree. Our list looks good on paper. Probably missing a key midfielder or more… especially an inside bull… but they should be producing a lot better than they are.

We have a lot of talent across all three lines… just not equating to anything right now.

3 Likes

Am I blind and naive but I don’t think the front and back are that bad haha. Probably am being biased haha.

Tippa was one of our best today. He played his role and took the opportunities he needed to take.

4 Likes

Seem to be lacking strength, either physical, or strength of spirit??

Just got out bodied, out bustled, and even bullied a lot after half time.