McDonalds Suggestions for McDav - and worker body-slams customer

It’s almost like you went to a McDonalds or something

i also expect my min wagers to be full of energy and give a ■■■■.

1 Like

Interestingly McDonalds Sunshine is well run and has decent staff including a cheery girl who brings the meals to your table.

1 Like

OK McDav - serious issue to look into! Why is it soooooooo farking hard to replace the drink you get with a value meal for a frozen coke? A large frozen coke is $1 FFS so why when I ask to have the drink with my sons value meal a frozen coke have I 3 times now been charged $1.50 extra (I’ve been charged $1 extra numerous times as well) Not only was I charged more than the drink itself is on its own but I then don’t get the drink that supposed to come with the value meal. It ended up costing me $10.40 for 6 nuggets, 1 small fries & 1 large frozen coke & thats a value meal? Individually they would only add up to $9.25. I’m just not sure why selecting frozen coke instead of regular soft drinks poses any problem - it should just be a standard option & certainly not an extra cost. This has been an issue at several different stores. I’ve even been charged extra when requesting a small frozen drink which again seems to cause confusion among staff. Is there some internal instruction that views frozen drinks differently?

1 Like

Frozen cokes are loss leaders.

If you buy it individually on the touch screens it shows up as like $5 before being discounted to 1

Because $1 Frozen drinks are available A la carte only, not in a meal. It’s part of the Loose Change Menu. You can’t get a $1 Hamburger in a meal, you’d still pay full price.

It’s aimed to be an add on, at a reduced profit.

Not quite a loss leader…

1 Like

This is awful news and I’ll never eat McDonalds again today.

Buying one is a loss.

Hjs frozen drinks are better.

It’s really not.
It’s more expensive than not frozen but there’s no way it’s anywhere near a dollar to make.

I’ve never tried HJs frozen coke.

Would like to see more McFlurrt varieties. The apple pie one was awesome.

El maco is still awesome. Well done @mcdav.

1 Like

If its not possible to add it to a meal I thinks thats a poor decision from McDonalds but its their decision to make. The problem is thats not remotely made clear to consumers plus many/most of your staff clearly have no idea thats the case or how to handle it. I’ve had numerous different outcomes from the same request. If I was told I couldn’t substitute coke for frozen coke (again I can’t see why it should be a problem) then I wouldn’t have ordered that way, I would have then decided do I still get a value meal & 2 drinks or do I A la carte. I think the option of a frozen drink in any size should be offered with a value meal if thats what people want instead of other softdrink options. I can’t even find small frozen cokes on the menu but this is something I have ordered before & I believe should be offered particularly for young kids who don’t need or parents don’t want them to have the large size. I think its something worth considering even if its just for summer.

BTW you can absolutely get a $1 hamburger as part of a happy meal for $5.50. Some people order meals for convenience not just maximising savings.

Just get the $1burger, the $1 frozen coke and when they ask if you’d like to make it a meal, say you’re going next door to Hungry Jacks to buy $1 chips.

3 Likes

The Mega Mac with Crispy Jalopenos or whatever tf it was was one of the worst/most disappointing things I’ve had from Maccas in memory. Sorry McDav

Turns out JBomber is just as passionate about Frozen Coke as he is midfielders. Who’da thunk.

1 Like

LOL

The El Maco is smaller. When I worked at Maccas it was a quarter pounder size. Now they make it bigmac size.

I think the last time I had an el maco was the night we beat Collingwood on a Friday in 2006.

Gonna have to get one.

1 Like

no one should eat McDonalds until Essendon wins a final