Melbourne Cup

Makybe Diva?

Certainly wouldn’t be betting on her

1 Like

I like the name Ventura Storm

Got Cismontane at 301-1 just after the win the Lexus… Unlikely but a good way to make a cheeky 3k cause bookies were too slow to slash the price

Red Cardinal probably most similar to Protectionist. Same trainer, similar lead in & 2 for 2 at 3200m or more. Good enough for me.

Just arrived on track. Big crowd building despite cool weather. Big tip around this morning about grand duke of Tuscany in race 4. Could be my first bet…

Just proved to myself that I couldn’t back a winner in a 2 horse race.

There is an alternative to this saying. The more you bet the more you…

Baked beans for dinner for the foreseeable future @Gothemightybombers ?

Absolutely ropeable for not putting Ocean Embers in the quaddie.
Had the ■■■■■■ thing last start and it ran like a donkey.
Today it runs a belter and costs me the quaddie.

Beans for me tonight also.

Stupid horses!

Why on earth would any owner or trainer ask for Frankie Dettori to ride at Flemington. That ride on Almandin was horrible.

Yep, that’s gambling…

■■■■■■ horses

Was my best collect on the day. Backed Max Dynamite for a place then Ocean Embers got me in front for the day & came home with Pedrena. Best cup day for a few years. Didn’t get a sniff Derby day.

1 Like

Could be worse, I wagered my first-born’s immortal soul ( aka football allegiance) that the wife’s stinkin Bulldogs wouldn’t win the flag last year.
I’ll never forgive Diggers and his useless mob.

What did you expect Dettori to do from a wide barrier ? - Push horses through the running rail so he could get closer to the fence ? Drop back to last by Thomas Hobson and have little chance ? Ride the horse updown push forward and hope to get in ? You are always are a 50% chance to be caught wide from a wide barrier ? There were about 6 or 7 horses caught wide in the Melbourne Cup - I am waiting for you to criticise their rides in the Melbourne Cup.

You make some valid points however he has butchered rides in the Cup before.

where can i get odds on a horse being euthanised in race 4 today?

Check your an us

Strange that Williams was happy enough with the ride - Lloyd thought Almandin would be caught wide but the most important thing is to keep a horse in rhythm - Being caught wide is not such a disadvantage these days with the way horses are prepared and the way races are run - The criticism of Dettori is unwarranted and uneducated - he’s still in the top 4 jockeys in the world and has won 9 group 1 races in 2018.