Members survey:

I wanted to vote but was not forwarded any voting information. Was the election handled by the A.E.C?

No it was a private company.

2000 out of 60,000.

Makes you wonder how many people would vote at State and Federal elections if it was not compulsory.

Also tells me, that if you were serious about getting elected, it would not be that hard to get the numbers needed.

Cannot recall anyone calling me ever to vote for them for EFC Board, and I reckon all Candidates must get the list of Members details.

Spot on, I would suspect a fair proportion wouldn’t vote if it wasn’t compulsory.
As I mentioned earlier, the bloke in my local council area won with around 400 votes, no one can be arsed voting

That’s because you get screwed one way or another.

As for the club elections, there were only two decent candidates.

2000 out of 60,000.

Makes you wonder how many people would vote at State and Federal elections if it was not compulsory.

Also tells me, that if you were serious about getting elected, it would not be that hard to get the numbers needed.

Cannot recall anyone calling me ever to vote for them for EFC Board, and I reckon all Candidates must get the list of Members details.

They don’t.

Is that right Boot ??

Must be the only election I know where the voters are secret from the candidates.

Not sure how it can be a breach of privacy for a football club but in a trade union election run by the Electoral commission you only have to ask to get a disk with names and address of eligible voting members

It’s a breach of privacy. Nominees definitely have no access to members details.

I think you answered your own question.

I’m sure The Electoral Commission has far greater powers than the club. And my two cents…if the club gave my address and phone number out to candidates I would be ■■■■■■■ furious.

Iirc at least one candidate this year included a phone number in his spiel so he could be contacted if anyone had questions. I much prefer that.

2000 out of 60,000.

They don’t.

Is that right Boot ??

Must be the only election I know where the voters are secret from the candidates.

It’s a breach of privacy. Nominees definitely have no access to members details.

Unless of course, said nominee is a member of the past players and officials association…

2000 out of 60,000.

Candidates don’t get a list, but that’s something that should be look at. In 2014 I stood for election for my unions Governing Council. I was against 4 others, 2 who were the leaderships appointed ones. Well anyway I was able to get the membership list. Voting in that election was voluntary but I have been told that the number of voters was significantly higher then previous years. And by the way I did get elected/

There is a fair bit of difference between public office and being on the organising committee of a private club.

2000 out of 60,000.

Candidates don’t get a list, but that’s something that should be look at. In 2014 I stood for election for my unions Governing Council. I was against 4 others, 2 who were the leaderships appointed ones. Well anyway I was able to get the membership list. Voting in that election was voluntary but I have been told that the number of voters was significantly higher then previous years. And by the way I did get elected/

There is a fair bit of difference between public office and being on the organising committee of a private club.

I would cease to be a member immediately if my details were available to any muppet who decided to run for the board.

This is surely a non issue.

The club has the deets, anything the candidates want to send out to Mems can be done via the club.

Said missives can/could/should contain all ifo they want to get out, as well as twit faceplant & oany other web addresses, email contact details etc, & if the Members want to engage via those mediums with questions etc, they then can.