Membership 2018 - we got to 79,318

My membership just arrived this afternoon. All is forgiven. PIGS ■■■■! How can something so simple be handled so badly. I hope every body get’s theirs or imagine the queues on Friday night trying to get tickets printed to gain admission. EFC, do not let this happen again!

1 Like

We are over 64,000. 70k ain’t that far away.

3 Likes

Mine and Sweatygirl’s membership arrived today. Like the material with it.

How about Aussie Post? Maybe its not all the club’s doing.

We get a letter and/or parcels faster from overseas than we can post a letter out of the far south coast of N.S.W. to Sydney or Melbourne.

Ease up gang. If you needed it last Tuesday because you are going on a monastic retreat until Friday night, you should have told the club earlier. People want heads to roll over what- a lack of quality journalism in a stapled handout and a missing membership they don’t need yet?

thats not really the point. When you pay for something months ago and you haven’t recieved it, people have every right to be ticked off

3 Likes

yeah agreed, especially when payment was taken in November and club said cards would be out in February. Paid AFL membership at the same time but received my card in January.

2 Likes

Should have been able to use the cards to get into the jlt game free like Geelong. Absolute garbage by the club. Typical of the club that asked its coach to not show up to the crichton.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s the saga all over again. If I don’t get a JLT refund I’m marching on Colac town hall.

1 Like

It’s not the saga, but if you don’t think there are some questions to be asked in this situation, then I’ll accept you’re a plant, or an apologist. People still haven’t received their membership cards 3 days out from round 1. That is utter bullshit, especially when no information has been offered let alone an apology.

2 Likes

You got me Zim, I have been lurking for years just so I could stand up for the establishment in the great March 2018 membership debate. All my desperate 90s music references, my J Taylor cheerleading, my duffle coated worldview, just a front for the day my sleeper cell could rise up and make a stand for the man.

For the record it has been a slow card rollout, I just reckon people are overstating it.

Sending out PDF’s… absolute disgrace.

Club can’t even manage to get the easy stuff right.

No they are not overstating it. It’s a deadset disgrace and someone’s job should be on the line. People have parted with their hard earned months ago and for some people they may have scrimped and saved and the expectation is that you receive your membership in a timely manner. Next year people are better off not renewing until February, see how the club reacts then. It’s just another thing that makes us look amateurish

4 Likes

Arrived today.

Received mine and my son’s membership cards yesterday…club recognised our two different member id’s but put both in my son’s name :joy:.

Accidents happen, but between that and the inaccurate info in the magazine we all waited for, I just hope the club take on the feedback to improve its quality assurance processes.

I’m confident if you ask the club if this is what their members should expect they’d say it isn’t. They have fallen well short of what a professional club should achieve. Mistakes happen but that does not mean people cannot complain about it and say what they feel.

As for heads rolling, that’s quite harsh. They need to investigate what happened and if that action is appropriate. At the very least I’d rather they learn from it and make sure it won’t happen again. And maybe look to “compensate” by some small gesture the members to acknowledge what happened.

4 Likes

Mine arrived today, along with my nephew’s

We are still waiting for ours. Should we be concerned?

Mine arrived yesterday. I like the season guide it’s a nice layout. I don’t remember James Stewart debuting in 2003, Walla and Redman in 2006 or Guelfi in 2008 but I’ll take the editors word for it.

4 Likes

My son & I only received one booklet - because my son used my address.
These are HM memberships, mind.
Onya for saving the 20c or whatever.