Memberships

Hi Mr Bullwinkle,

Your membership was due to renew on the 28th of October, hopefully you received your renewal notice in the mail early last month!

Unfortunately we were unable to renew your membership on the card ending in xxxxx for $xxxx as the payment was declined.

Seemed odd … checked with the club … credit card details all fine and correct … club tried again manually … declined again … card working fine purchased my $1 Big Mac with it 10 minutes ago

1 Like

$1 Big Mac…yeah yeah!

Maybe it’s been put on another thread, but I enjoyed this

1 Like

1 = EMAIL I RECIEVED:

Hi Ben,

This email is in relation to your current Essendon Membership.

Moving forward the Club will no longer be accepting an active bank account as a form of payment. As we have noticed you use this method to pay off your membership on a monthly basis, we are contacting you to advise that we will need to confirm a current Visa or MasterCard we can use to list against your payment plan if you wish to continue paying your membership off monthly.

Alternatively, you will be able to use any of the below methods of payment to pay off your membership in full prior to the cut-off dates in December:

• BPAY
  • Cash (in person)
  • Cheque
  • Money Order
  • EFTPOS (in person)

2 = MY RESPONSE:

Hi Valerie,

Partly because there is no real explanation as to why this decision has been made, I’ll be holding off my membership this year (either providing new payment information or paying via the various options provided) - as it seems to have become a consistency for the EFC to make decisions without explanation, and add or subtract elements of membership without consultation - a dynamic which seems symbolic of our performance on the field from quarter to quarter and week to week throughout the season. I know this is not your personal decision or fault, but if you could pass it on to your bosses that would be nice.

I’ll be back on board when I see the club actually Moving Forward and I hope it’s early in 2020.

Thankyou. Ben.

(Too much, too little, about right?)

13 Likes

Build a bridge! Life’s too short…

2 Likes

Do people actually pay cash in person each month?

No, it just comes out of your account.

I think @Crazy_Bomber was questioning the 2nd option in the list. As in who goes to the club to pay cash?

1 Like

Oh yeah, sorry. No I think that’s all options for 1 off payments. I think?!

Elderly people
Criminals
Chinese Billionaires with connections to the NSW Labor Party

4 Likes

Criminals would steal their membership.

ha - so they’d go to the club, say this is a stick up, jump over the counter and stuff memberships into their bag.

1 Like

Option 3 could probably be grouped with number 2.

1 Like

No, they’d just stalk out Essendon members who actually use the lanyards.

Or what you said - it would probably work. They’d grab the keys to the efc bandwagon as well, gets you in anywhere.

1 Like

Give us a membership counter please.

Call the bank. It’s an issue with them as they may think it is fraudluant

And I would tend to agree.

Too much…time on your hands.

They could have a 2nd one that counts satisfied members. :confused:

1 Like

Also Tradies