Memberships

Especially in supporting the other programs such as VFL VFLW and AFLW. It was so disappointing last season to be getting more info about game day and recruiting from opposition clubs socials.

This shouldn’t be at a cost to the AFL enhanced coverage.

2 Likes

I’d be interested to see how Fark Carlton’s membership numbers progressed through the season as well as crowds. A new coach and positive spin helps but I genuinely think that because they started the season so well that they probably had plenty that jumped on at round 3 or 4 and their crowds seemed to reflect that. It’s so important to get off to a decent start and conversely getting hammered in the opening couple of games can extinguish your season in many ways

Correct!

And I still haven’t forgiven them for discontinuing the immediate post game coach presser tweet grabs during the presser. I / we had to visit AFL.com an hour later for the full presser. Often by then it was nearly midnight and too late. It was lazy and symbolic of the Club losing focus and connection with fans. Basically Essendon Twitter went from the ‘go to’ place post game to a run of the mill footy account.

2 Likes
  • ditch the ■■■■■■■ pokies
2 Likes

That membership of 74,400 is right now leading into the 2023 season. It’s on target for 95,000 in 2023. About 20,000 to go…

Its growth is driven by last years Club transformation (Brian Cook / Michael Voss / Luke Sayers), 2021/2 off season trades and a much improved season just missing finals.

It was also strong in its engagement of fans with regular updates from Brian Cook and Luke Sayers (regular video updates updating fans on progress of Club vision and new direction).

Everything contributes to the growth in that clubs engagement metrics (membership / crowds / TV view ship / social media growth).

Carlton update - 75,623!

Going well. :face_vomiting:

I do think that some of that comes from the hype around them this season. Most experts seem to have them top 8 and perhaps higher. If they were predicted to be a bottom 4 side with no hope this year then I very much doubt they would be on anything like they are currently

I agree. It hurts to say it but they have most pieces in place to challenge for top 4.

I’m a longtime member a couple of weeks ago my card and a few stickers arrived is that all I’m receiving?

1 Like

If you aren’t a milestone member (5 yrs, 10 yrs etc), then yep.

The club as we knew it in previous generations is finished.

It will require a Hawthorn 2009 - 2018 decade on the field with marquee players to rebuild the supporter base and continue as a big club.

As it stands now we will be Melbourne within 10 years time if we continue as the last 20 years.

RIP Essendon Football Club.

1 Like

Don’t accept Health Care Cards anymore either.

Thinking of downgrading to a 4 game membership- can’t get to many games anymore, handling of membership a shambles, and ■■■■ of a year for me financially.

1 Like

That’s my point. Everyone thinks that stuff is good until the side plays poorly. Then it’s seen as inauthentic.

And dont hold your breath re milestone, anither cap, scarf and a 10 year badge.

Most fans/members just want to feel like the club values them. Milestone membership, heres an idea, ask us what WE would like instead of forcing cheap crap down our throats. We cant all get to games so what do we do with countless hats and scarves? Someone above mentioned a $30 bombershop voucher in pack, fantastic. How the hell these ideas dont come up in clubland astounds me. Does the membership department even excist? Seems like its ran by bots that just repeat and repeat. Do they have meetings? If so what do they discuss, new sticker designs? Cos they certainly arent discussing what best for members. Ive been banging on a lot about this (sorry!), its a big investment forking out for a membership year in year out, including one for my son who lives interstate but i keep going to “do the right thing” by the club, so to see them wind back the memberpacks over the years really p#%$es me off and has me questioning re signing each year.

The build up to milestone pack by club, to what they delivered was simply embarrassing and i felt cheated.

You hear the club/coach/players say how important the members are, well clearly financial only, well thats how its beginning to feel.

Im sure as discussed above that many other reasons people jumping off i.e. corperate managemnt decisions etc, i guess im speaking on behalf of the everday fan.

And thats lunch.

2 Likes

Except that $30 credit to 80,000 members is lots of money.

All I want is the farking team to win games.

2 Likes

Reckon they’d factor the cost into the price of memberships.

1 Like

Not really when you consider the 500% mark up on merchandise.

3 Likes

Nah.

FC have been the worst club going for ages and all it took for them to bounce back was nearly making the 8 and playing some decent footy, then they all get excited about this year based on projections which may or may not be accurate.

Every bandwagoner will be back on board as soon as we do something even half decent.

5 Likes

Everything works hand in hand. Addressing product offers, fixing service issues and improving communications and social media content can and should be addressed now, irrespective of the rest.

2 Likes

Was just an example of perception of caring, maybe instead of the 109th scarf and cap, ask US what would WE like… a polo shirt, shorts, towell, who cares just give some bloidy thought to it. We not landing on the moon here folks its 2023.

"Hello nackers, thanks for being a lotal member. This year is your 10th, to mark the milestone, please select from the below options etc. "

$30 voucher maybe not the answer, its just an example of how to give a ■■■■■.

1 Like