Merve Keane

Considering he’s been working for us for years, I wouldn’t think you need to know anything more than that, unless you speak to someone right in the know.

I find these questions fairly fatuous and intrusive.

Thanks Merv, wishing you well in your endeavours to help young doctors.

You are one of those amazing people in the category of Neale Daniher and Rosey Batty, who choose to make the most of life, when you have every excuse to give up.

You choose to open your own heart in order to help others, and in so doing we can all see and feel what really matters.

4 Likes

Like a Kabana in the rear?

I’m interested to know about the bloke who’ll head up our recruiting. Just as I’m interested about our players, coaches, performance staff and so on.
I couldn’t really give a ■■■■ if you find that fatuous and intrusive. I didn’t ask anyone to post nudes.
If you don’t know anything or don’t want to share, you could just not answer.

Very smart guy. Analytics expertise and physiology (strength and conditioning) expertise plus background as a player.

3 Likes

RFK came on board in 2011

Played full game at Sandy. Sitting in the stand when an injury happened during our Docklands warmup that evening. Came on at quarter time and went on to have his second-highest number of disposals at AFL level.

(IIRC, he had 25 disposals in the VFL game and 20 in the AFL game.)

1 Like

I remember thinking at the time that RFK was a bit unlucky to be delisted when he was

Although I may have amalgamated him and Paul Thomas into one player in my memory

Terrible news :(. Hope the family is ok

12 Likes

Great article on Merv. An amazing man. Nice to see his old player mates have got around him.

7 Likes

An absolutely great guy. Would stop and chat about various players - sometimes candidly critical - when I used to get to VFL games.

Has been through unimaginably tough times.

Life is precious. And fleeting, even for those granted longevity. So pleased he’s pushing on.

8 Likes