Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

Is it Mar-lion, Marli-on, Mar-li-on or Marl-i-on?

Maah-lin

Wanna beeah, Mah-lin?

1 Like

Get him in!

![Screenshot_20190525_12

Apologies if I am rehashing stuff I haven’t read yet, but if Ajang Ajang is in the Paddy Ryder mould (which is what he is being touted as) he is bigger than Paddy.

In Sudanese athletic terms Tom Jok is the undersized version that is all leap and no bulk, but he still has enough of a crack to be considered a pinch hitting option.

2 Likes

Agree with Ajang Ajang. - get him in!

With Draper, Smith and Daniher gone for the year, can we get three players?

When we draft them, can we have them for next season as well or do we have to return them and have to draft them properly in the end of year’s drafts.

Yes. Yes. No.

SCHLOITHE MARLION AND SOMEONE ELSE

1 Like

How about none of these turkeys?

They wont improve our list.

sigh I miss the ol’ “JAB and get 'em back on the park” days.

We normally pick up a couple of players a year who would have qualified for this draft in the past. Just think of it as getting something of our todo list.

3 Likes

This whole scenario is genius then. Injure some players, add mid season selections now to preserve national draft selections. This way we can use them to add up the fairy dust points for earlier selections, rather then leave a few late picks to pick up the usual duds.

3 Likes

You need 3 list changes in the National draft. If you take 3 mid season draftees and want to keep them, does that count towards the 3 list changes? Can see this getting awkward.

Rookie upgrades count as a list change IIRC

They also no longer require a pick to be used at back end of draft

1 Like

Right. So if we want to keep them as rookies we need to delist or promote other rookies to free up spots. Not counted as a change.

If we want to put them on the main list then we delist a main list player and that counts as one of the 3 changes.

What’s the status of these rookies though.

If we get 3 rookies to replace Draper, Devon and Joe, who would be Category A, what happens to McNiece when Mutch comes off the LTI in a few weeks?

When Mutch comes back, if we take 3 picks, McNiece would be back to the B list. The players you bring in through the draft are effectively on the list, not temporarily elevated. Similarly if, say, Smith came back from injury, he wouldn’t be able to play unless someone else went on to the LTI first, he can’t replace one of the drafted players.

1 Like

Who is better?

Can we get them both?

Would it not be great if we get a gun midfielder and then next year we get Smith, Daniher and Draper back ? And Mossie has matured enough?

We can only dream

end me blud

Sack Crow!

15 Likes