Middle East Discussion

Wouldn't be going to Demascus at the moment.

There’s no gold in Aqaba either.

Satellite imagery has identified a huge monument at Petra.

1 Like
... backs away from thread...

Never be rude to an Arab, an Israeli or Saudi or Jew. Never be rude to an Irishman, no matter what you do.

A Prince should aim to be both loved and feared, however if this is not possible, then it is preferable for a Prince to be feared, rather than loved.

So you think it is okay that only certain countries should pay for their collateral damage while the West continues to kill innocent civilians in real terms?

Who actually pays for their collateral damage?

The loved ones of the dead and wounded, maybe?
I dunno.

So you think it is okay that only certain countries should pay for their collateral damage while the West continues to kill innocent civilians in real terms?

I dunno.

I think you may have misunderstood the context of the question.

I dunno.

Very possible.
It can be read a few ways - care to clarify?

I dunno.

Very possible.
It can be read a few ways - care to clarify?

Did you read the quote from IT?

He stated “So you think it is okay that only certain countries should pay for their collateral damage while the West continues to kill innocent civilians in real terms”

I asked the question who actually pays meaning that IMHO no country actually pays for the collateral damage they cause. Does anyone give ISIS a fine & 2 week suspension for killing civilians? Does Hamas have to do community service for shooting off rockets from the rooftops of civilian homes into Israeli towns with no other intent but to cause civilian casualties on both sides? Sure every now & then a western country may court marshal a few token soldiers for exceeding rules of engagement but other than some level of embarrassment, what price is ever paid by the countries?

The Palestinians just have their land annexed.

I confidently predict that this thread, like the Middle East itself, will not end well.

Wonder how different things would have been if Y Rabin wasn’t murdered? He seemed genuinely committed to finding a solution.

Seems to me that the Arab World is a bit like the AFL. Lots of teams all played the same game, with the same rules, but underneath we just want to ground the other bloke into the dirt and take the prize.

LOL naturally…

LOL naturally...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-22/turkish-president-handed-more-power-to-suspend-rights/7650916

Yep, create an emergency, give yourself more powers, monitor the people closer, remove rights a little bit at a time. So many examples throughout history.

The EU is “concerned”. I am sure Erdogan is shuddering in fear…

Hitler started by rounding up artists , scholars etc… aswell

The EU is "concerned". I am sure Erdogan is shuddering in fear..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-23/week-after-turkey-coup-bid-eu-slams-unacceptable-purges/7654264

The hilarious thing is that the EU will continue to consider them for membership. Grow some balls and tell them you ain’t ever going to be considered for membership after the latest actions.

Another IS attack using truck bomb, nearly 50 killed:

Hitler started by rounding up artists , scholars etc.... aswell

Then set fire to the Reichstag, used it as an excuse for further crackdowns and the course of events was set.

Another IS attack using truck bomb, nearly 50 killed:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-28/truck-bomb-blast-kills-dozens-in-north-east-syria-city-monitor/7667244

Radiation therapy is used to eliminate cancer cells.
ISIS are a cancer
So use radiation “therapy” to eliminate them. A few well placed nukes in Syria and Iraq wouldn’t go astray.