Middle East Discussion

■■■■ nothing ■■■■■ me off more than flogs on Twitter/ Instagram/ Facebook/ Tiktok all of a sudden caring about this ■■■■ and acting like authorities on it.

Just rubs me the wrong way.

FTR I have little to no knowledge about the conflict other than it’s fkg complicated and extremely emotive, but I just can’t take fucksticks coming out of the woodwork and using it to garner goodwill and attention for the furtherance of their social media lives.

It’s parasitic.

2 Likes

And yet this latest round of hostility was preventable. Like the last time. And the time before that. If the willingness to show restraint was in as much supply as the willingness to respond then those dozens of poor bastards who were alive yesterday would still be today.

East Jerusalem conflict was initially described as ‘just a real estate dispute’, but where is the independent arbitrator.
Israel is justifying the destruction of civilian residences elsewhere and loss of lives on the grounds that Hamas is storing its rockets and other arsenal in those complexes - if civilians don’t heed Israeli warnings to vacate, so be it.

1 Like

IMO this is one of the more informative videos on the situation on Youtube. It’s age restricted, but at least they haven’t censored it, yet. Abby Martin has done some great work over the years, especially when she was on RT.

Not just Corbyn , Ken Loach and anyone who criticised Israeli politics were given the badge of an anti-Semite.
There was an element of McCarthyism in the approach, yet McCarthyism at least was predicated on unAmerican activities.

1 Like

There can be no two state solution with Israeli settlement policies that have gone on unpunished.

2 Likes

Kuchner ME peace plan going well - ignore the Palestinians and do ( arms linked ) deals between the Islamic ME ( except Iran) and Israel. Historic breakthrough, followed by the Israel declaration that Israel is exclusively a homeland for the Jews.

Disgraceful. She should take it off.

5 Likes

People love to show other people how great a person they are. Love it.

3 Likes

Hard to show restraint, when the rockets are raining down.

And actually not sure restraint is an Israeli word, definitely not in common use.

Also hard when the rockets raining down are being supplied by another country who are also directing and dictating the rocket fire: Iran. Nothing like a good pots-stirring as pay back for attacking their nuclear work.

1 Like

10 Likes

Restraint was needed before it was rockets at 10 paces.

2 Likes

Not since WWII anyway. Turning the other cheek was NW

The leaders in their big boy pants created a disaster when they created Israel.

We can thank our lucky stars the Allies won the last big war, else we would mostly not be here, and the ones that descended from the people left from the 1940s would likely speak German or Japanese, after the leaders in their big boy pants divvied it all up and shared the spoils around.

Lets also thank our lucky stars that we are not living over in Palestine on either side, or other countries on a war footing like in Taiwan, Korea, Syria, or Iran.

It could all change again if a super power decides to try a land/resource grab again. So enjoy the moment while we suffer the relatively benign shenanigans of our leaders, Scotty and his alternative Anthony Albanese.

What kind of Solution would that be?

3 Likes

1 Like

Israeli’s have become the monsters their ancestors fled, and they don’t even see the irony of it.

11 Likes

5 Likes

The laws which exclusively allow for the forced evictions of Arab Israelis and/or Palestinans from homes and or land they own in East Jerusalem and elsewhere within Israel are at odds with what the rest of the democratic world believe as being just and fair yet the blame for the ensuing violence is placed at the feet of those targeted by these laws and time and again the entire Palestinian population of Israel is made to pay the price for daring to stand up for the rights that the rest of us take for granted.

It’s difficult to judge what is more f*cked up. That they actually do it or that we just shrug our shoulders.

9 Likes