Middle East Discussion

It occurs to me that this thread has a misleading title. I keeping looking to see if someone is actually having a discussion about the Middle East, but all I ever see are filtered news items related to violence perpetrated by people of Middle Eastern descent.

Perhaps a title change is in order. I can think of a few good ones.

Gee imagine having stories about people from the middle east in the middle east thread. Shocking and strange behaviour.

I was wondering whether I should start a thread entitled “Non-Middle East Discussion” and just post everything I find in there that is horrible about humanity - but thought the better of it. Besides - I would miss your participation :slight_smile:

Instead of running from thread to thread taking pot shots at multiple different people you bothered to actually read and then discuss you might find your experience on BB more enjoyable.

Instead you look like BDS and that is never a pretty sight.

It occurs to me that this thread has a misleading title. I keeping looking to see if someone is actually having a discussion about the Middle East, but all I ever see are filtered news items related to violence perpetrated by people of Middle Eastern descent.

Nah, it gives IT some respectability to post his hate and bile for anything anti-Israel.

Third Templers can’t help it. It’s part of the indoctrination.

Gee imagine having stories about people from the middle east in the middle east thread. Shocking and strange behaviour.

I was wondering whether I should start a thread entitled “Non-Middle East Discussion” and just post everything I find in there that is horrible about humanity - but thought the better of it. Besides - I would miss your participation :slight_smile:

Instead of running from thread to thread taking pot shots at multiple different people you bothered to actually read and then discuss you might find your experience on BB more enjoyable.

Instead you look like BDS and that is never a pretty sight.

…but…I like BSD!

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder999/500x/74272999.jpg

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder71/500x/74273071.jpg

Yeah ok, shut up now.

Fk I laughed as I posted the 2nd one.

I crack myself up …

IT’s copy & paste thread

Bob Carr’s take on the US abstaining is interesting.

Netanyahu’s remarks on this are bizarrely “toys out of the cot” infantile. “This is anti-Israel”. Lol. Of course it is you pillock! You’re the ones continuing to build on -at best - “disputed territory”. Then there’s the whole “they pass this against us but do nothing about terrorism or half a million dying in Syria”. Ffs. Even if true, its got two fifths of fark all to do with Israels responsibilities for its own actions. But but but, look what they’re doing!

Netanyahu's remarks on this are bizarrely "toys out of the cot" infantile. "This is anti-Israel". Lol. Of course it is you pillock! You're the ones continuing to build on -at best - "disputed territory". Then there's the whole "they pass this against us but do nothing about terrorism or half a million dying in Syria". Ffs. Even if true, its got two fifths of fark all to do with Israels responsibilities for its own actions. But but but, look what they're doing!

Netanyahu is a massive flog.
He’s about as useful to the search for peace as a suicide bomber.

Netanyahu's remarks on this are bizarrely "toys out of the cot" infantile. "This is anti-Israel". Lol. Of course it is you pillock! You're the ones continuing to build on -at best - "disputed territory". Then there's the whole "they pass this against us but do nothing about terrorism or half a million dying in Syria". Ffs. Even if true, its got two fifths of fark all to do with Israels responsibilities for its own actions. But but but, look what they're doing!

Netanyahu is a massive flog.
He’s about as useful to the search for peace as a suicide bomber.

Surprised he hasn’t come out with “anti-Semitic” and “6 million Jews” yet.

Reminds me of when Terry McCrann detailed Solly Lew’s dodgy corporate shenanigans when he was on the Coles Myer board and was accused of anti-Semitism by Isi Leibler, Mr Jetset.

A lot of group think going on here as per usual.

You won’t find a better article on the topic than this one: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/12/26/opinions/us-role-in-israel-un-vote-was-hypocritical-goldfeder/index.html

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/donald-trump-israel-ambassador-161216035049891.html

Read some of the comments as well, wow.

You won’t find a better article on the topic than this one: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/12/26/opinions/us-role-in-israel-un-vote-was-hypocritical-goldfeder/index.html

An opinion piece which opens with a personal attack isn’t worth reading.

Fixed.

Opinions are like arseholes, and, in the media, are regularly from one as well.

Either are most of the posts you've made on the topic. You don't bother to do any research or offer anything of substance - just snide remarks.

Whether you agree with IT or not, atleast he actually bothers to make a cogent argument.

Either are most of the posts you've made on the topic. You don't bother to do any research or offer anything of substance - just snide remarks.

Whether you agree with IT or not, atleast he actually bothers to make a cogent argument.

Maybe G-Unit, you can work as PR for IT, and highlight any posts he made where any thought has been put into it. I must have missed them.

A better article?

Ok, for starters, its an opinion piece. Which is fine. But he treats the opinion of , for instance, Kontorovich that the Mandate continues under international law to grant legal ownership of the land as unassailable. When in fact it’s not. There is much dissenting from this view in international law circles.

But even if true, Israel is being incredibly disingenuous and selective. The Golan Heights were never within the British Mandate. They fell inside French territory and therefore became Syrian. The capture of this area cannot be claimed as re-taking but were instead an outright conquest and annexation. As such, the settlement program in this zone, to my mind, absolutely contravenes the 4th Geneva provisions and whilst i totally support the right of Israel to exist, i find it troubling that Jews are looking for technical ways around Geneva Acords.

As to East Jerusalem, personally i fail to see how Israel didnt undermine its own legal claim re the Mandate by formally agreeing to split the city with Jordan in 1948. Note that the UN had declared Jerusalem an International city to be held by neither party and that both warring nations had to fight their way to it and then negotiate a deal. Which I’d have thought then made the seizure of it in 1967 an armed conquest and once again brings it under the Geneva rules. But of course, im not a lawyer. Either way Israel simply rejects that it applies and instead arbitrarily decides which parts to abide by and which parts to ignore. Again, that bothers me. Then we have Netanyahu declaring that “the western wall isnt an occupation”. Except that its not just the Wall. Its also suburbs that sprawl well to the North and East and now encompass some pretty draconian residency requirements on Arabs not to lose their rights to even dwell there (Rights that should be protected by the Mandate if one is to continue to afford it any credibility on the other matters it is being used to justify.)

As to the first part of the article, an entirely personal and poorly built (imo) ramble, the thing that stood out most to me was this:

“who waited until there was absolutely zero political accountability before reversing his previously held position on vetoing anti-Israel Security Council resolutions”.

You could easily suggest from this that its actually only "political accountability " that keeps the US position. Which raises the obvious question as to whether its actually “right” in any moral sense.

Im far far from an ‘expert’ but i think perhaps the above sums up the problems all round. Its an ugly mess of quasi legal, political and religious bigotry from all parties and humanity too easily forgotten.