Middle East Discussion

Not really. The world is telling Israel to stop taking land from what will (hopefully) become home to their Palestinian neighbours. Just like the world told Iraq that Kuwait wasn’t theirs. Israel, in spite of what Iran, Hamas and Hesbollah think isn’t going away. Neither are the Palestinians and if Israel wants a peaceful existence in future they shouldn’t force an unfavourable outcome on the Palestinians. Friends should be able to tell their friends to pull their heads in if required.

1 Like

Hamas is an anti-semetic terrorist organisation that considers any concessions to Israel a renouncement of Islam. Their beliefs are transparent and are enshrined in their charter. They are also the governing body of Palestine and its fair to say they have no interest in peacefully co-existing.

They will need to come to terms with the reality of the situation.

Ha! Hamas wants Israelis to leave Israel, not just Palestine. Do you think they will put their religious zealotry aside and come to a pragmatic compromise?

You’re right, Netanyahu is a ■■■■. You won’t get any arguments from me there.

My point is that Israel is held to a completely different standard to others in the region. At least on Blitz anyway. I don’t venture into politics threads often. I realise the futility of arguing with people who are so entrenched in their position. But if I was to fish for likes, I’d come here and bash Israel.

Actually Dill, compared to other Left sites that I know, Blitz is uncommonly unbiased about this matter. I am yet to see one poster who thinks that Hamas or the other anti-Israel groups are not scumbags.

What you call Israel bashing, is just Highlighting there scumbag efforts as well.

I have many Israeli friends who believe the biggest danger to there future is the current PM.

Yeah, I did. He called a vote by New Zealand an act of war. What a farking ■■■■.

And yes, I understand your point. But this is what every Israel discussion comes down to.
What they do excuses Everything we do.

It would certainly appease some people if others didn’t constantly try to rationalise.
If they could just say, yeah…that was the act of a seriously deluded individual.
Deity knows that if friggin’ Obama did it…

And if he did everyone would be in agreement.
They’d say that’s farking insane.

Ohhhhhh, but when this guy does it it’s all…but, but, but…

You’re right, Netanyahu is a ■■■■. You won’t get any arguments from me there.

My point is that Israel is held to a completely different standard to others in the region. At least on Blitz anyway. I don’t venture into politics threads often. I realise the futility of arguing with people who are so entrenched in their position. But if I was to fish for likes, I’d come here and bash Israel.

sigh
That was written by someone with not enough sleep.
But, yes. They are held to a completely different standard.

Ha! Hamas wants Israelis to leave Israel, not just Palestine. Do you think they will put their religious zealotry aside and come to a pragmatic compromise?
Yes.

Don’t worry Israel, infowars has your back.

Whose God did the disaster-hitting?

Whose God did the disaster-hitting?

Burn the heretic!

Yes.

What could possibly make you believe that?

I suppose you think isis will embrace the idea of western democracy any day now, boko haram will be at the forefront of championing women’s rights, and hezbolla will push for gay marriage.

Yes.

I suppose you think isis will embrace the idea of western democracy any day now, boko haram will be at the forefront of championing women’s rights, and hezbolla will push for gay marriage.

Because they have to.
Yes.

Because they have to.

Unfortunately, ;history suggests that “because they have to” isnt usually reached until annihilation is reached or close to reached. Refer Berlin and Tokyo,;circa 1945. And even then it often isnt.

I cant see Hamas ever changing. What MIGHT happen is that the palestinians eventually remove them from power. Might. But building settlements as an up-yours isnt terribly conducive to that either.

Yes.

Because they have to.

Why?

They are getting what they want (the deligitimisation and marginilisation of Israel) through the use of political and military means, without having to adjust their approach one iota.

It seems that you assume Hamas are motivated by the prospect of a Palestinian state but their charter explicitly states - as have they through word and deed - that they are committed not to a peaceful resolution and to the prosperity of their people, but to the annihilation of Israel and extermination of the Jewish people both within Israel and abroad. Recognising Israel within any borders contravenes their entire ethos.

Had they been truly committed to working with Israel to achieve a mutually beneficial outcome, this could have been solved a long time ago.

The people of Gaza live under an oppressive regime in Hamas.

It might shock you to learn that more money is donated to the Palestinians per capita than any other people on earth. Where does all that money go?

To fund terror tunnels, arms, and terror attacks. Money that could be directed towards building schools, hospitals, parks etc is being hijacked by a terrorist organization hellbent on killing Jews. Moreover, they use their own civilians to shield themselves from any Israeli response.

These are not the actions of a benevolent organization fighting for peace and the wellbeing of their people.

The 1m+ Israeli Arabs are granted far more freedoms than any Palestinian. They serve as judges, politicians, receive voting rights… Etc and receive all the benefits of being a citizen of the only true democracy in the middle east. It says something that the Palestinians would receive better treatment under an Israeli government than a Palestinian one.

No one has come up with a solution in here. What’s the answer?

No one has come up with a solution in here. What's the answer?
Unless Hamas are removed from any position of authority then there will be no solution.

They will not rest until every Jew has either been removed or eradicated from the Middle East.

1 Like

It might shock you to learn that more money is donated to the Palestinians per capita than any other people on earth. Where does all that money go?

To fund terror tunnels, arms, and terror attacks. Money that could be directed towards building schools, hospitals, parks etc is being hijacked by a terrorist organization hellbent on killing Jews. Moreover, they use their own civilians to shield themselves from any Israeli response.

These are not the actions of a benevolent organization fighting for peace and the wellbeing of their people.

The 1m+ Israeli Arabs are granted far more freedoms than any Palestinian. They serve as judges, politicians, receive voting rights… Etc and receive all the benefits of being a citizen of the only true democracy in the middle east. It says something that the Palestinians would receive better treatment under an Israeli government than a Palestinian one.

I don’t know why I’m getting back into this, but no-one has suggested they support Hamas have they?
Is this still a discussion about settlements and the UN decision?

No one has come up with a solution in here. What's the answer?
Unless Hamas are removed from any position of authority then there will be no solution.

They will not rest until every Jew has either been removed or eradicated from the Middle East.

Add Netanyahu to that.

I don’t know why I’m getting back into this, but no-one has suggested they support Hamas have they?
Is this still a discussion about settlements and the UN decision?

It’s extremely relevant in the context of achieving a peaceful resolution to the conflict. With a Hamas/PA joint government, Israel has no partner for peace, rendering any talk of a two state solution a complete pipedream.

Comments from Hamas support my argument that this latest move by the Un - apart from being a complete lie - actually serves to embolden Israel’s enemies and is dangerous and destructive.

Hamas leadership praised the recent UN resolution which declared Jewish settlement in Judea and Samaria and eastern Jerusalem illegal.

At a press conference in Turkey earlier this week, Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal said that Israel has become a “burden” to the world, and that the Palestinian side is the winning side.

Mashaal said that the passage of the UN resolution was a step in the right direction in the “struggle for the returning of the Land” to Arab hands - without political negotiations with Israel.

Likewise, Mashaal blamed Israel for all fighting in the Middle East - including the Sunni-Shiite conflict manifested in the Syrian civil war and the fighting in Iraq and Yemen.