Midfield Trade Targets

I think we have some guys that chocked in the finals… also didn’t help that we lost hooker… hurley and fanta were clearly not 100%.

We had a dream run with injuries until the last month when we lost a few important pegs.

We should have beaten Sydney the first time other than a monumental fail of epic proportions. Also Tigers didn’t try to ‘outbody’ sydney… they just outworked and outran them and we are building to do the same imho.

Our gameplan needs to change and I hope it will this year and we need to get more pro-active in the box on gameday… again hopefully we can address that too.

The biggest weakness is still our Ruck… we need to give our mids first us more often. I know the Sydney fear you feel… we all feel it… but the tide will turn eventually. Sydney are very beatable with the right gameplan…

1 Like

I sort of agree with this, but there wasn’t any solutions on offer.
You can’t just pull non-existent FA’s out of nowhere.

The club have done the absolute best to improve the team that was possible this trade period.

The only thing more we could have done is got JKelly but he didn’t even leave his club!

1 Like

Exactly… of course it would have been great to get JKelly… but he got offered stupid money and still didn’t leave.

It isn’t easy to pry away true A+ elite players away from their clubs… and history suggests that most times you end up losing more than you gain anyway.

should be going after anthony miles

Why?

If we aren’t using Bird then we won’t use Miles imo.

4 Likes

There was talk early of Kristen Wigg from Adelaide.

Likely to be delisted.

Any thoughts, Saussies?

What would we have to give to the cats for Darcy Lang?

The chick from bridesmaids?

Probably provide a better contest than Jenkins

5 Likes

Why would you want him?

honestly dont know much about him. had a quick look. tall midfielder whos stats looked pretty good this year. i dont even know if he plays inside. surely worth a look?

If the Cats are happy to lose another quick outside mid in Lang given Motlop heading out door he can’t be rated too highly

Also only Blues and North are the only ones with any interest,

Surprisingly strong mark despite her hand size.

2 Likes

They were down a mid and brought in Menzel.
Who they also delisted.

shrugs
Clubs make mistakes, but that’s clearly how they rated him.

Have they? Or just offered a low ball contract?

Thought I read they had.
Not sure it alters my point?

Different Menzel, I think.

Wim was talking about the ex-FC Menzel, now at the Crows

1 Like

Except he was talking about Geelong

Nope.
Was talking about Wigg @ Adelaide.

Oops. My bad.