Miscellaneous VFL comments and articles

Yep understand the AFL propping up the northern state teams. My comment was relating to Willy and Port, plus the SANFL teams - who would cover their travel costs.

4 Likes

Rain (and lightning?) is interrupting 7’s broadcast of Box Hill vs Werribee: repeated segments of static!

We play the winner. Smash each other, thanks.

I can see the AFL potentially introducing 1 or 2 Tassie teams into the “New-VFL” should they end up going down that route.

What are the chances the WAFL and SANFL buddy up? could create an East Vs West conference system.

Hawks playing 14 AFL-listed players.

Werribee is a stand-alone team… and their website is down :rofl:

1 Like

Without major backing of the AFL zero hope of the SANFL/WAFL merger idea. The SANFL sides could afford to travel once or twice a year but not 7 or 8

1 Like

LOL Choco Williams: “remember, the umpires are looking for deliberate out of bounds… they’d love to get on the TV"

1 Like

Can’t imagine Willy/Port being able to afford the travel costs for 10 or so matches a season, will the SANFL/AFL be chipping in?

It’ll be a shame to lose the best standalone clubs in the VFL, leaving Werribee as the only genuine contender with a Franga and Coburg as perennial cellar-dwellers

The VFL + VFLW Best and Fairest awards are streamed from Monday 7pm:

Hope Port beat Dogs today

1 Like

I just saw Van Unen! Twice!

1 Like

Lol Footscary 1.10

One goal too many!

Port 6.5.41 leads Footscray 1.10.16 at half time.

Big wind to the city end, Footscray need to go nuts in the third quarter to have a chance.

41 - 23 now

No one can goal
43 - 28

To elaborate, at three quarter time:

Port 6.7.43 lead Footscray 2.16.28 (!!!)

Port have the wind in the last quarter.

1 Like

Kicking goals seems hard work, but Port (Jordan Lyle) just pulled one out of no where from over the shoulder!

49 - 28

Dogs goal unfortunately

49 - 34

Dogs players keep throwing the ball one handed and are never called for it, it’s ridiculously bad.

49 - 40

Getting tight now

Lang gets one back after intercepting a kick out.

55 - 40

56-40 at 19 minutes into the last

56-41 at 25 minutes. Surely over now.

1 Like