Missing/crashed planes, and other aviation mis/adventures

How about the 5 people that didn't board it! Don't want to begin to imagine how freaked they are.

I'd be taking up extreme sports. And I'd start with a bit of human gliding.

All the circumstances that have presented themselves thus far and information/insight given by pilots and workers in the aviation industry are pointing towards something catastrophic that has occurred in the vein of some sort of sudden downfall.

Plane goneski and 300 dead.
Reckon? ;)

Emoticon probably lacks compassion in this circumstance mate. I understand the point you're trying to make to No 5 but a little bit of subtlety was probably needed here. There are after all several Aussies on this flight and we don't know the extent of their network of family and friends who may happen upon such a post. Nothing personal mate.

Which makes no difference what so ever. People are people.

All the circumstances that have presented themselves thus far and information/insight given by pilots and workers in the aviation industry are pointing towards something catastrophic that has occurred in the vein of some sort of sudden downfall.

Plane goneski and 300 dead.
Reckon? ;)
Emoticon probably lacks compassion in this circumstance mate. I understand the point you're trying to make to No 5 but a little bit of subtlety was probably needed here. There are after all several Aussies on this flight and we don't know the extent of their network of family and friends who may happen upon such a post. Nothing personal mate.
You missed my point Reboot. People are people for sure, but to pass comment on such a tragic event in a jocular manner with the real possibility of relatives of the deceased happening upon them due to their nationality being the same as ours well I would expect a little bit of courteous restraint and respect. The same should be expected on forums in Malaysia and China.

You missed my point Reboot. People are people for sure, but to pass comment on such a tragic event in a jocular manner with the real possibility of relatives of the deceased happening upon them due to their nationality being the same as ours well I would expect a little bit of courteous restraint and respect. The same should be expected on forums in Malaysia and China.

I understand what you are saying, but it's a football forum. I think you are drawing a very long bow.

I understand what you are saying, but it's a football forum. I think you are drawing a very long bow.

I appreciate your view point on this matter. Maybe I am being a little over sensitive in this instance.

I appreciate your view point on this matter. Maybe I am being a little over sensitive in this instance.

It happens to all of us. You are a long way from the Lone Ranger. And sensitive beats the ■■■■ out of callous any day.

Don't know about the terrorism theory - There are two ways this could unfold - People take control of the plane - But in this case passengers would have sent text messages - Think you can rule this out - A bomb - That's the more likely possibility from a terrorism point of view.

We will have to wait and see what happens.

The stolen passports could also be a coincidence. 

Yeah I just finished reading an article in which a European security official said it wasn't uncommon for passengers to board flights using stolen passports.

This paragraph made me think though-

"On Sunday afternoon, a statement issued in the name of a previously unknown group claimed that the disappearance of the plane was a political act aimed at the Chinese and Malaysian governments and referred to last week's attack in a Chinese train station that Beijing blamed on Uighur separatists. It stopped short of a claim of responsibility. Malaysian officials said that they were unaware of any claim of responsibility but would investigate all possibilities"

There maybe some truth to that.

You mean the media don‘t report news in context or after research, but just go for the most sensationalist interpretation?
■■■.

Yeah I just finished reading an article in which a European security official said it wasn't uncommon for passengers to board flights using stolen passports.

"On Sunday afternoon, a statement issued in the name of a previously unknown group claimed that the disappearance of the plane was a political act aimed at the Chinese and Malaysian governments and referred to last week's attack in a Chinese train station that Beijing blamed on Uighur separatists. It stopped short of a claim of responsibility. Malaysian officials said that they were unaware of any claim of responsibility but would investigate all possibilities"

Happy to be proved wrong, but I'd find it difficult to believe that some organisation has equal problems with an Islamic 'democratic' monarchy and an athiest 'communist' military dictatorship.

Happy to be proved wrong, but I'd find it difficult to believe that some organisation has equal problems with an Islamic 'democratic' monarchy and an athiest 'communist' military dictatorship.

You never know though, apparently the group that went beserk at the railway station are The East Turkestan Islamic Movement - The ETIM is listed by the U.N. Security Council as a terrorist group,and you're right, Malaysia is a democracy, perhaps they have an issue with that? who knows what's in these nut jobs heads.

Is East Turkestan (or Turkmenistan?) the Uighurs?

frightening story after finally getting a chance to have a good read of all of the articles

Hijacked plane, How can a plane just vanish?

I’ve not read anything about this. Have they said it was actually hijacked?

No.

But hasn't been ruled out and would be exceedingly strange for their not to be any communications whatsoever if it were a mechanical fault.

From memory, Air France Flight 447 'vanished' and was only noted as missing when it failed to arrive. That accident was due to a combination of pilot error and mechanical failure, and certainly no hijacking.

I think the hijacking is pure speculation in this case, encouraged by the whole thing with those fake passports.

Chinese terror group claiming responsibility.

Terror group Chinese Martyrs Brigade claims missing flight was ‘payback‘, officials label it hoax

BOB FREDERICKS

• March 11, 20149:07A

A SHADOWY group called the Chinese Martyrs‘ Brigade claimed responsibility for the disappearance of Flight MH370 — but officials were sceptical and said the claim could be a hoax.

The group — unheard of before now — on Sunday sent an email to journalists across China that read: “You kill one of our clan, we will kill 100 of you as pay back,” but the message provided no details of what brought the flight down.

Malaysian Defense Minister Hishamuddin Hussein told reporters he doubted the claim‘s legitimacy.

“There is no sound or credible grounds to justify their claims,” he said, according to Malaysian news reports.

Other officials said the claim could be a hoax aimed at increasing ethnic tensions between Uighurs and Han Chinese in the wake of the March 1 knife attacks in the south-western city of Kunming that left 29 people dead and about 140 others injured.

The message was delivered through an encrypted, anonymous Hushmail service that is virtually impossible to trace, they said.

From memory, Air France Flight 447 'vanished' and was only noted as missing when it failed to arrive. That accident was due to a combination of pilot error and mechanical failure, and certainly no hijacking.

I think the hijacking is pure speculation in this case, encouraged by the whole thing with those fake passports.

Correct, and in actual fact very often no issues are reported until AFTER the plane has been stabilised.  As for the passport issue, it is actually not that uncommon on these flights and is not something that should immediately make people assume a hijacking or bombing took place.  The authorities will do their due diligence to ascertain if they were on board to do something wrong or just using bad passports to get into China which happens on a lot of flights.

And further, a number of planes have just "disappeared" over the years.