Missing/crashed planes, and other aviation mis/adventures

With more and more social media you just hear about it more. These things always happen and will continue to happen. Most of them are just minor issues but airlines will err on the side of caution. Also seeing a lot more medical emergencies and even deaths on flights requiring a turn around or diversion.

2 Likes

Some more shoddy journalism, at least try to find a photo of one of the many 737’s or has it morphed into an A380 :rofl:

4 Likes

I also suspect that’s not in fact “midair”

14 Likes

Not to mention the large circular chasm in the front of the engine.

3 Likes

If they’re square holes it’s not going to end well.

2 Likes

Fake news! That can’t be qantas. With holes like that surely that’s a Swiss Air flight!

7 Likes
6 Likes

Ha, army rescue chopper. The pilots must be bored :rofl:

1 Like

2 more Qantas flights turned back today.

I wonder who in the media got refused CL access or missed out on a free upgrade.
A couple of very minor incidents the likes of which happen almost daily in Australia and it’s apparently big news

2 Likes

There was also an A330 at MEL today that taxied out and then returned immediately

3 Likes

Note the difference in the journalism :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
That one is actually pretty well written and explained for people not in the know and doesn’t go into hysterics. The correct photo helps too :rofl:

3 Likes

Without the emotive language and targeted images…
It’s only worth 110 likes and 13 re-tweets.
A GIF of a cat could reach more people in 5 minutes.

Probably because they are used to in the US :rofl:
They had 4 engine shutdowns in a week recently and would get dozens of PanPans in a week so it’s nothing new to them and they just accept it :rofl:

I very much disagree with this.

The article here is written in an aviation publication, so it not written for the same audience, but really it does not in any way explain anything for an audience “not in the know”. It basically rehashes the order things happened, and then closes it out with basically an American Airlines press release. At no point does it “explain” any details of the “trim issue”, even though trim issues on a 737 Max might actually be something that people would care about. The author probably doesn’t have the answers, but even a line about “details of the trim issue could not be obtained” would be more informative. Sure the article explains what the pilots did. It doesn’t explain what the actual issue was. But then again, this publication seems pilot focused rather than airworthiness focused, so perhaps we need to wait for that …

You are correct it’s not perfect but it’s a lot better than we get for these types of things. The reality is that a trim issue would go over the heads of most people and as you said the details wouldn’t be released yet and might not be for some time. I know it’s written for a different crowd but I appreciate the lack of hysteria and click bait.
The Australian media could help themselves with some fear mongering especially around a Maxy. I can almost see the headlines now :rofl:

2 Likes