Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Classic yo-yo thread. The guy is special hence why we jumped at chance to extend his contract before the first round. Get a clue people.

Heā€™s getting better and better. As a high forward, he presents well and is raking up a high number of possessions. He seems to be moving on the ball quickly now which is great to see.

Coming along nicely.

Now I haven't watched the swans game yet but it's interesting to read that Browns good form as a lead up CHF has come at the same time as Dempsey playing some brilliant footy off the half back line, not mention the plaudits of Tippa this week. Goes to show how much forwards rely on the good supply up the field.

Fix our ball movement up the ground more consistently and you may start to see JD performing better.

Elements of our next premiership tilt coming together.

A rejuvenated Dempsey & Tippa providing run off half back. Mitch Brown hit up CHF with Daniher & Bellchambers playing deep, the latter providing excellent relief for Leuenberger. Hartley, Hooker & Hurley 3 talls down back.

Donā€™t forget Hibbered either.

I havenā€™t, but his disposal by foot was diabolical at times the last 2 years.

Unless he starts to become elite by foot he may struggle to command a regular place. I expect Francis to overtake him to be honest at some point.

The beauty of players like Walla & McKenna is that they regularly hit targets with beautifully weighted foot passes - something our side sorely lacks. Hartley ditto, a beautiful kick.

How McKenna could have become such a good kick of a football - after not having touched one until 2 years ago - is both astounding and disturbing (for those local players who have grown up with the game and football in their hand all their lives).

What holds players like Ashby & Hibberd back is their indiscriminate foot skills.

You expect a guy who by reports has grown to 193cm to play off HB and match up on HFs? I know he was somewhat of a utility at u18 level but Iā€™ll be interested to see how the reality of Francis matches up with peoples all over the place expectations of him.

And Hibberds disposal was at times shocking simply because opposition teams have worked out he has absolutely not right foot and spent plenty of time forcing him to have to kick with it. His left is and always has been a weapon (at least when in form and doesnā€™t have the saga hanging over his head).

Best game so far for the club tonight. His marking has been fantastic. I think he could be a genuine weapon as a 3rd tall next year and not as the 2nd forward.

Agree that with some better structure around him in the forward line from next year onwards he could well surprise a few teams (and Blitzers) as the mobile 3rd tall. I reckon in a season or two we will be lauding him as a brilliant pick up.

His forward craft is really developing nicely.

I sort of had him pencilled in as a third tall back next year but Woosha is going to have some serious options when Hurley, Hooker and Bellchambers are in the mix.

Loved his game last night.
Canā€™t wait to see him play third forward when we get another target down there.

Browns a lock for the forward line.

I thought apart from his kicking having Jamar there worked well too. Between Hooker and Belly as options for that the third member of our tall forward contingent, weā€™re not looking too bad for next year.

I thought apart from his kicking having Jamar there worked well too. Between Hooker and Belly as options for that the third member of our tall forward contingent, weā€™re not looking too bad for next year.

may even exceed the 10 goal barrier sometime in 2017

I actually like the fact that, despite the fact we have no backs right now, woosha persists in leaving him up forward despite being an obvious option down back. Maybe thereā€™s some benefit to having continuity in your position.

Best natural forward weā€™ve had for years upon years.

Not getting enough praise for mine.

When Hooker/Jd take best 2 defenders, and he gets the 3rd, he will flourish.

Genuinely confident he could kick 25 goals next yr.

Not getting enough praise for mine.

When Hooker/Jd take best 2 defenders, and he gets the 3rd, he will flourish.

Genuinely confident he could kick 25 goals next yr.

Heā€™s on track for 25 this year if he plays every game.
But if heā€™s the 3rd tall next year instead of the 2nd and he produces the same output, our attack will be going much better

Serious question: if we gets bigger will he be able to keep his current tools or will it impede his game?

may even exceed the 10 goal barrier sometime in 2017

Whoa there, calm down. Donā€™t get too far ahead of yourself.

Has done nothing but get in the way today.

Missed too many easy shots as well.

Geez man, you really only ever post negative crap.

So what if he had a bad day, it freaking happens even to the best players. This guy has been pretty decent for us this year and with a full and proper team, better midfield and a mroe settled side he will provide plenty of forward option for us.

Geez man, you really only ever post negative crap.

So what if he had a bad day, it freaking happens even to the best players. This guy has been pretty decent for us this year and with a full and proper team, better midfield and a mroe settled side he will provide plenty of forward option for us.

Whatever you reckon champ.

He has been good this year but he cost us every time going forward today.

Spoiled Joe at least 3 times.

Missed easy shots on goal and played some very dumb football multiple times.

Worst game for the club today IMO.

For yearw we havenā€™t had a tall that has shots on goal the minute we get one you knock him. Its been a rough year and we still have tough games ahead. But try to focus on the positives than take pot shots at players after each loss.

Could have had a big night if he kicked straight. Needs to believe.