Mitch Brown - The Accountant

A very close friend of mine was on the Cats' list when he was there. He reckons he's a natural forward who can play back if needed and was moved back because he was a bit undersized and was continually getting injured.
I think I read that it was his shoulders and he struggled to mark overhead at some stage.

I think it also said that this has only just been fixed recently.

Seems a lot of talk of him being able to play forward. I think he has been recruited almost purely to play forward. I think he may be able to occasionally go back but for the most part he will play forward and he will do be better than Carlisle did.

Exactly

Seems a lot of talk of him being able to play forward. I think he has been recruited almost purely to play forward. I think he may be able to occasionally go back but for the most part he will play forward and he will do be better than Carlisle did.

Exactly.

Kicking 4 and 5 goal bags in the VFL finals as a forward shows he can do it.

And he is someone on a second chance that wonā€™t ever want to let it go. He wonā€™t care where he plays as opposed to sooky lala.

May not have the marking power of Carlisle (very few do) but I think Brown covers the ground better and is far more comfortable in front of goal.

And able to throw him back into defence in games as required just as JC did.

Belly has a lot of work required to get in side. JD, Smack and Brown would be my preferred kpf setup round 1.

Of all the picks last night, this was the one I was most delighted about. Saw him in the VFL finals this year and he was terrific in application and execution. Wouldnā€™t be a huge surprise to me (with my very limited knowledge) to see him lining up in the forward line round 1.

Very happy that he is on board with us. Slight query I have is that he doesnā€™t appear to have put on a lot of muscle in the 7 or so years since being drafted.

Dodoro said he wouldā€™ve played round 1 last year if we had been able to keep him.

Fair chance given a shocking year for us, and a good year for him, that it may very well happen in 2016.

Stick him up forward with Hardingham. Going to be unstoppable.

The VFL line up is starting to look very strong. If Brown plays in the AFL then he keeping out a couple of decent players who can earn their spot through good form in the VFL. I like this selection it think it has a lot of upside.

I hope to god he plays against the Saints next year and gives Carlisle an absolute bath. Be it forward or back.

A very close friend of mine was on the Cats' list when he was there. He reckons he's a natural forward who can play back if needed and was moved back because he was a bit undersized and was continually getting injured.

Will be more then happy if he can make it as a fwd, and Hooker can play backā€¦butā€¦

He mainly played back for sandy, and played back for EFC in the NAB cup (was in the top possession count two) . Was able to be switch fwd for sandy and dominate at VFL level. How that will translate to AFL I do not know, but I suspect it will take a couple of years.

Hooker played really really well fwd last year, and if he gets his kicking for goal sorted, he could likely become an AA fwd. I rate him that highly. Hooker brings much needed strength and power to the fwd line. As soon as Hooker is Fwd he will likely get the best defender leaving JD with the 2nd. Brown just doesnā€™t have that same presense in his game style.

Hooker played a lot fwd in junior footy.

In anycase, I am very happy we have recruited Brown and think he is likely to play round 1 next year. Not sure where it will leave Smack though?

I think Brown was the reason for our delay in making a pick at 24.

He is why I say that. Dodoroā€™s interview on the website talks about the risk we took and he mentions how we rolled the dice. He also mentions that other clubs had indicated that Brown may be taken in the 30s.

So I wonder did we originally have him earmarked to take at 24/25 but the opportunity to take both Morgan and Redman was there. Was this the reason that they had to have a discussion and think about who they took at 24/25? Was that the role of the diceā€¦ā€œlets go with Morgan and Redman now and hope that Mitch slips through to 57ā€?

ā€¦Or was it the opposite. Had they always wanted Morgan and Redman at 24/25 but were spooked when all the KPPs went early so had to have the discussion of ā€œGeez do we stay with the plan to take Morgan or do we get Mitch now?ā€

About time we had some colour on our list

I guess Browne technically isnā€™t a colour.

He is why I say that. Dodoroā€™s interview on the website talks about the risk we took and he mentions how we rolled the dice. He also mentions that other clubs had indicated that Brown may be taken in the 30s.

So I wonder did we originally have him earmarked to take at 24/25 but the opportunity to take both Morgan and Redman was there. Was this the reason that they had to have a discussion and think about who they took at 24/25? Was that the role of the diceā€¦ā€œlets go with Morgan and Redman now and hope that Mitch slips through to 57ā€?

ā€¦Or was it the opposite. Had they always wanted Morgan and Redman at 24/25 but were spooked when all the KPPs went early so had to have the discussion of ā€œGeez do we stay with the plan to take Morgan or do we get Mitch now?ā€

This is what I was wondering. I thought maybe they were aiming to go for talls at 24/25 as they said pre draft that they would probably be picks for needs. Perhaps once they got there and there wasnā€™t anyone they really wanted they then pulled the trigger on Alex and Mason.

They must have been ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  bricks waiting for our fifth and (to a lesser extent) seventh pick. If that hadnā€™t come off, and we had a couple KPP injuries next year, weā€™d have been toast.

This is what I was wondering. I thought maybe they were aiming to go for talls at 24/25 as they said pre draft that they would probably be picks for needs. Perhaps once they got there and there wasnā€™t anyone they really wanted they then pulled the trigger on Alex and Mason.

Meaning in 2-3 years we could have a dynamite midfield.

Meaning in 2-3 years we could have a dynamite midfield.

Sounds good to me.

Seems to have kicked a fair few goals this year by the looks of his highlights package.

I guess Browne technically isn't a colour.
Any painter will tell you Brown is what you get when you mix all the colors together. l read on one fanzine that they rated our drafting a failure, because hew had not secured a KPP. Hello? Looks like they are the only ones then who didn't rate Brown at all. Go figure.
I guess Browne technically isn't a colour.
Any painter will tell you Brown is what you get when you mix all the colors together. l read on one fanzine that they rated our drafting a failure, because hew had not secured a KPP. Hello? Looks like they are the only ones then who didn't rate Brown at all. Go figure.

I recall mixing red and green in primary school to get brown so there you go.

These days I just presume certain people are just going to be negative about us regardless of reality. We could have drafted Ablett, Buddy and Fyfe and theyā€™d find something wrong with it.