Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Just some Carlton ■■■■■■’z snide opinion on an irrelevant blog site.

I think Brown was the reason for our delay in making a pick at 24.

He is why I say that. Dodoro’s interview on the website talks about the risk we took and he mentions how we rolled the dice. He also mentions that other clubs had indicated that Brown may be taken in the 30s.

So I wonder did we originally have him earmarked to take at 24/25 but the opportunity to take both Morgan and Redman was there. Was this the reason that they had to have a discussion and think about who they took at 24/25? Was that the role of the dice…“lets go with Morgan and Redman now and hope that Mitch slips through to 57”?

…Or was it the opposite. Had they always wanted Morgan and Redman at 24/25 but were spooked when all the KPPs went early so had to have the discussion of “Geez do we stay with the plan to take Morgan or do we get Mitch now?”

This is what I was wondering. I thought maybe they were aiming to go for talls at 24/25 as they said pre draft that they would probably be picks for needs. Perhaps once they got there and there wasn’t anyone they really wanted they then pulled the trigger on Alex and Mason.

Meaning in 2-3 years we could have a dynamite midfield.

Lots to like. Can’t wait to see him out on the park again.

20 m sprint: 3.11 (19th percentile)
Beep: 13.7 (40th percentile)
Agility: 8.57 (49th percentile)
Repeat Sprints: 25.53 (62nd percentile)

I think Brown was the reason for our delay in making a pick at 24.

He is why I say that. Dodoro’s interview on the website talks about the risk we took and he mentions how we rolled the dice. He also mentions that other clubs had indicated that Brown may be taken in the 30s.

So I wonder did we originally have him earmarked to take at 24/25 but the opportunity to take both Morgan and Redman was there. Was this the reason that they had to have a discussion and think about who they took at 24/25? Was that the role of the dice…“lets go with Morgan and Redman now and hope that Mitch slips through to 57”?

…Or was it the opposite. Had they always wanted Morgan and Redman at 24/25 but were spooked when all the KPPs went early so had to have the discussion of “Geez do we stay with the plan to take Morgan or do we get Mitch now?”

This is what I was wondering. I thought maybe they were aiming to go for talls at 24/25 as they said pre draft that they would probably be picks for needs. Perhaps once they got there and there wasn’t anyone they really wanted they then pulled the trigger on Alex and Mason.

Meaning in 2-3 years we could have a dynamite midfield.

http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/jimmie_jj_walkerundated-dyn-o-mite-med-wide.jpg

Damn it, I literally said that out loud after reading that post only to click to go to the next page and see I’d been beaten.
Very happy that he is on board with us. Slight query I have is that he doesn't appear to have put on a lot of muscle in the 7 or so years since being drafted.

Nah, he was an absolute stick when he was drafted. 82kg at draft camp.
He’s definitely a leaner build though. I don’t think that’s a massive issue with Hooker and Hurley (Gwilt to a lesser extent) pretty strong. the silver lining is he’s a bit more agile and can play a bit higher up the park.

Cat s website says 196 cm 96 kg
Can play on the wing !!! Amazing.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/player-profile/mitch-w-brown

Someone should tell Geelong they unassigned his content from their list.

I hope to god he plays against the Saints next year and gives Carlisle an absolute bath. Be it forward or back.

I’d imagine he’d wash both sides.

Someone should tell Geelong they unassigned his content from their list.

I found Michael Hartley’s profile on the Collingwood website through a quick google search too.

Seems a lot of talk of him being able to play forward. I think he has been recruited almost purely to play forward. I think he may be able to occasionally go back but for the most part he will play forward and he will do be better than Carlisle did.

Exactly.

Kicking 4 and 5 goal bags in the VFL finals as a forward shows he can do it.

And he is someone on a second chance that won’t ever want to let it go. He won’t care where he plays as opposed to sooky lala.

May not have the marking power of Carlisle (very few do) but I think Brown covers the ground better and is far more comfortable in front of goal.

And able to throw him back into defence in games as required just as JC did.

Belly has a lot of work required to get in side. JD, Smack and Brown would be my preferred kpf setup round 1.

Be nice to see Browne, smack and ambose battle it out for a firwRd posotion. Let’s hope someone can lay claim to it.

You can probably still find that Mercuri profile where he’s had a great pre-season. That one lasted about four years, the latter three being characterised by disastrous pre-seasons.

Ambrose would be well behind Smack in my opinion - Brown looks the goods too but would have to wait and see him at AFL level some more.

What a great pick!
He will be a star up front for us in 2016

Very happy to have. Showed glimpses at Geelong but cruelled by injury. I hope he forces himself a forward spot and that Hooker goes back.

His old man Gary is a very successful junior coach and presented at a coaching course I went to. Struck me as integrity personified and had very good philosophies. Quite inspirational really. If Mitch is a chip off the block we have a great citizen, and looks like he can play a bit, so let’s just hope the injury stuff is all behind him.

His highlights around goal look a tiny bit Barry Stoneham, to me (not the hard nut factor, the play).

The VFL line up is starting to look very strong. If Brown plays in the AFL then he keeping out a couple of decent players who can earn their spot through good form in the VFL. I like this selection it think it has a lot of upside.

we say that every year and the by rd 9 half the vfl team is playing afl

I guess Browne technically isn't a colour.
Any painter will tell you Brown is what you get when you mix all the colors together. l read on one fanzine that they rated our drafting a failure, because hew had not secured a KPP. Hello? Looks like they are the only ones then who didn't rate Brown at all. Go figure.

I recall mixing red and green in primary school to get brown so there you go.

These days I just presume certain people are just going to be negative about us regardless of reality. We could have drafted Ablett, Buddy and Fyfe and they’d find something wrong with it.

Ablett: too old
Buddy: ■■■■ knees and mentally cooked
Fyfe: coming off a broken leg.

Standing next to Dodoro at the introductions he didn’t look that big whereas Francis was ‘huge’ in comparison!

Brown set to reignite AFL career with Bombers
Posted on Sun, 6th December 2015

By Nick Armistead

Former Old Mentonian and Geelong Cats footballer, Mitch Brown, found his way to the Essendon Bombers with pick 54 in this years’ national draft, offering him a second chance at AFL level on the back of a dominant 2015 season for Sandringham.

Unable to predict whether his AFL career would be reignited on draft night, Brown was relieved to hear his name called out by the Bombers as the first of four VFL draftees.

“I wasn’t really sure where I was going to be headed but once they called my name out I was actually wrapped,” Brown told VAFA Media.

“It was a massive relief.”

Brown was initially drafted by Geelong at number 15 in the 2008 NAB AFL draft. After 15 games between 2009 and 2014, a string of shoulder-related injuries and his eventual delisting at the end of 2014, Brown worked his way back to the forefront of selector’s minds while playing as a utility for Sandringham in the VFL, before the opportunity to step up as a top-up player for Essendon arose in this year’s NAB Challenge.

Such was Brown’s form throughout this year’s pre-season competition, former Bombers coach James Hird publicly endorsed him as a player who should be on an AFL list.

The 25-year-old continued his stellar NAB Challenge form when he returned to the VFL this season as he kicked 23 goals from 21 games, including bags of five and four in the Zebras’ finals campaign.

While there were a number of AFL clubs reportedly interested in Brown’s services for the 2016 season, the Bombers were always at the top of his wish list.

“I had spoken to a few clubs but Essendon was probably a club I really wanted to go to,” he said.

“Obviously, I was there earlier this year and really enjoyed my month there so I guess Essendon was definitely at the top of the order.”

Prior to his AFL career, Brown honed his craft as part of the Cheltenham Junior Football Club, Mentone Grammar and Sandringham Dragons, before making the move to Old Mentonians’ U19s.

“I used to play school footy on the Saturday morning and then Old Mentonians on the Saturday arvo,” he said.

Despite playing just 11 games for the Panthers, Brown was quick to cause headaches and showcase his ability to dominate at either end of the ground as he kicked 35 goals at an average of more than three per game.

Brown maintains a close connection to the club and attends as many games as he can to watch his brothers and closest friends run around in the blue and gold.

“I’m there pretty much every week watching their games and I was there all of last year watching all of their games,” he said.

“It’s a great club and I’ll be done there again a lot this year.”

Although his AFL career is just recommencing, Brown can see himself rejoining the Panthers and his “best mates” at the end of it all.

“I think after my career finishes I wouldn’t mind going back and playing a season with my mates.

“That’s one thing playing with your best, best mates so I reckon once I’m a bit too old (for AFL football) I might head back to the Old Mentonians.”

Isn’t it “rapt”?