Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Pretty silly comparison. Dea isn’t an intercept marker, and is currently closing down a small/medium. Which is his job.

He is a full on ectomorph. Like Marty. The vast majority of footy players are closer on the spectrum to the mesomorph end.

are there any xenomorphs?

1 Like

Disagree. Apparently he’s been keeping fit and whilst he definitely needs some match conditioning, if he performs out of his skin he could be ready in as few as 2/3 VFL games IMO. If you’re getting through games well that’s all you need. Especially if Brown and Dea continue to flounder.

Mitch is a very good footballer. He’s lost a massive amount of time due to injury and yep, he stunk it up with about 15 of his mates, but don’t give up on him yet. The lad can play.

6 Likes

If we’re going to waste time on Brown or Hartley I’d rather waste it on Harts.

2 Likes

We’ll have to agree to disagree. There’s not a chance in the world imo that he’ll come in after 3 VFL games

1 Like

There whilst Ambrose is on the sidelines only.

He is alright but a bit laconic at times and no left side. Doing his bit in the team though

I agree with you, but I think he’ll never get much further than VFL player who is viable AFL backup. I reckon he’s about 10kg too light.

2 Likes

He’s 196cm and 93kg

For reference sake Hamling is 194cm and 90kg, done a job on Buddy in GF, was excellent against our talls on weekend also.

What was hurting him isn’t size. It was composure (wasn’t the only one that pressure got to) & skill execution.

1 Like

That’s got to be a typo. There’s no way Hamling is 80kg. Gleeson’s 86kg and he doesn’t look like

1 Like

I like him as a back up and thought he was our almost our best backman in the first half against Adelaide. He seemed to be the link in the chain that snapped in a few key plays the other night and as a result he’s coping a fair whack on these boards. In my opinion he gets at least another week.

1 Like

#prayformitch

Yep! Meant to say 90!

2 Likes

Yeah unless his form drastically changes, that’s about where he’s at.

Versatility wise, if Hooksy goes back Brown is the swing man. Can play forward.

Why are Brown, Dea and Hartley the scapegoats here?

Everyone knows that teams play full ground defence, yet our backline gets exposed over and over to lack of up the ground pressure.

5 Likes

Brown played on Taberner, yeah?

And Jenkins the week before?

Why is he getting the job on the biggest forward?

5 Likes

Best post of the thread so far

Brown should be taking the 3rd best forward. Hurley should be taking number 1.

Brown is not a great lock down defender- it doesn’t play to his strengths. His strength is coming in 3rd man and taking intercept marks

4 Likes

A bit harsh on a top up who played for one year on a few weeks of preseason and cracked in in all of the very few opportunities he got. There’s been plenty who’ve languished in the VFL for a few years who wish they were as good as Sam Michael

4 Likes

How dare you speak about Inspector Gadget in such language !