Mitch Brown - The Accountant

The defence gets a free card because it was elite for years leading up to the ban and walk outs. While the midfield is 15 years of ■■■■ and still nowhere good enough.

I actually think the midfield is on the improve.

I don’t think the defence is. The fact that we have two AA key defenders, but the team rule is that under no circumstances should either of them ever be near a key forward, doesn’t help.

4 Likes

See this is where yaco won’t take his ‘Brown is much better than Hartley’ glasses off.

They play Brown on the bigger blokes on the off chance that he will be able to beat them at ground level, rather than this shitt of he must be rated higher by selectors

I wonder when Brown is dropped this week (like he should he was easily WOG by a huge margin) & Hartley retains his spot, are we going to get yaco on here saying ‘Oh the selectors must now rate Hartley more than Brown?’

Strange that Brown is named on the field and Hartley on the extended bench - And my original post gave you more factual information - You continue with your opinon.

Strange that you wait after the team has been picked rather than before to make a comment - that’s because you weren’t confident that Brown was going to get picked & waited until he was selected before saying something - you don’t any faith in your convictions.
I say good luck to Brown this week as he is going to need it, last week was the worst exhibition I’ve seen by an Essendon backman since Barry Grinter in the 1970’s. And that includes Kepler Bradley on Richo & Reynolds on Fev, as they were experimental ‘one-offs’.

Settle down.

I reckon Fletcher had worse games on Kent Kingsley.

Fletcher never knocked down our own blokes to clear a path for about half of dozen of the opposition to raffle off who wants to kick the goal.

Brown was WOG last week by a country mile, he helped them kicked goals, it was an embarrassment, he would have made Freo’s best players just by making Taberner look like Wayne Carey (to pinch on of yaco’s lines).

It was pure unadulterated shitt, at least if Fletch had a few kicked on him, he stopped another 10 at the same time with intercepts & spoiling.

Don’t worry, Mason Fletcher will solve our problems.

if he doesn’t max better watch himself…

Little I can say if you are so out of touch.

Out of touch you say?

10[quote=“CameronClayton, post:796, topic:2870, full:true”]

Out of touch you say?
[/quote]

Or maybe watch games more closely.

Mitch Brown took contested marks in 2016, he doesn’t seem to even take marks this year.

He was the tallest player in the dogs forward line by about 2 inches on sunday and he took two marks for the whole game while matched against midgets.

It’s not like there weren’t enough high balls coming in either

We don’t have an alternative at the moment, Hartley drops marks too much, Ambrose is injured and Hooker is needed forward.

Although, I think to free up our forward line we should start Hooker forward and have him play loose in defence. Essentially stopping high forward entries. That will give us stringer, Stewart and Daniher forward at times and then go smaller when stringer has stints in the middle. From there, hopefully, brown can play closer and Hurley looser to read the play.

Can’t wait for Francis to have 1-2 games in the VFL and then straight in.

Wasn’t Brown mostly on Redpath?

And kept him scoreless?

1 Like

I thought Brown was okay.

1 Like

Seriously, it’s bizarre how people fixate on something and there’s no changing their thinking.

Brown was the least of our issues on Sunday. We complain bitterly (and correctly) that we let the Dogs run around us with zero pressure, or fume on idiotic turnovers that expose the back half repeatedly , then we lambast the key defenders when trying to cover multiple lead up targets into countless holes in our “zone”?

Brown was fine. Stood under the footy when he had to, kept his opponent in check. Did his primary job.

5 Likes

I don’t question his courage or desire to compete in marking contests and wouldn’t be hanging a bloke on not being able hold back the torrent of ball that’s been coming in. But I think his decision making and skills have been pretty ordinary the last couple of weeks. My concern with him is what he’s doing when he’s got the footy, not when he’s defending. I’d rather Hartley out there, cause whilst he may not take as many marks, I at least feel a little more confident of his decision making and skills when he’s got the ball in hand.

Yeah he’s limited somewhat, but the Freo game was just an unexpcted stinker, and many others had the same. Both Round 1 and on Sunday he’s looked useful. Ideally not best 22, but generally reliable when called upon.

Yep, I don’t get the hate. Reckon he’s done ok the past 2 weeks. It gets fkn hard to keep your guy completely quiet when the ball is just continually coming back in and you have little time to re set after your last contest.

And by christ our defence has been bombarded like I can’t remember over the past fortnight. Even our best possible back 6 would have struggled under it.

1 Like